RM Calculator

JVoHs22

Is there a way to calculate your 5 RM for the exericises if you know your 15 RM and 10 RM for all of the exercises? If so, how do u calculate the 5 rep maxes?

Useful page on ExRx.net here:

One Rep Max calculator

It's always best to actually find your 5RMs but, if you estimate, you can find out what your 5RMs really are by continuing to increment during the post 5s (assuming your estimate was slightly below what it actually is by the time you get to your 5RM w/o). Make sense?

yeah i get it. so ur saying that i can find out my 5 RM's for my next HST cycle during the last 2 week of this cycle where i just increment the weight do 5 reps for each exercise?

That's it! And then you could carry on for a further two weeks at your newly found 5RMs or do negs. That way you can extend the cycle a bit if your joints are holding out.

Looking on google, I found this hst calculator... it works the same as the 1 rep max calculator, but might be easier to use.

Simple mathemagics to estimate maxes:

15RM * 1.2 = 10RM
10RM * 1.15 = 5RM

Of course, all calculations are estimates and if you want maximum results, you'll take the time to use the estimates to perform the actual lift to determine the correct max.  The calc's work out to be pretty good.  I suggest erring on the side of caution and round down when the calculated number falls between multiples of 5 (or whatever is the smallest increment you / your gym allows).

Hope that helps.

Simple mathemagics to estimate maxes:

15RM * 1.2 = 10RM
10RM * 1.15 = 5RM

Of course, all calculations are estimates and if you want maximum results, you'll take the time to use the estimates to perform the actual lift to determine the correct max.  The calc's work out to be pretty good.  I suggest erring on the side of caution and round down when the calculated number falls between multiples of 5 (or whatever is the smallest increment you / your gym allows).

Hope that helps.

Back