Routine Freq. and Splits

OneMoreRep

Hey guys,

You probably know as of late i've been using a increased frequency i must say i REALLY enjoy it.

I've wanted increase the excercises i use in order to increase growth and maintain more if i decide to cut...

I was looking at Boris's routine... which is a 2 day split 6 days a week...

i Like this idea, as he also breaks into AM/PM to allow for concentration on each bodypart...

Would anyone like to point out the benefits/drawbacks of this as compared to fullbody daily --- which would be more ideal (in general)

Viscious? Blade? Bryan? Biz?

Thanks guys :)

Boris is a highly trained professional and needs a lot of work to continue to grow (with assistance). His program would likely be too much for the average natural trainee. However, I do like how he has broken things up and have done less voluminous routines based on his split and thought they were pretty good. However, I still keep coming back to frequency as being the key, at least for me, rather than volume.

With that being said i think i'll stick with what i've been doing all along... with a twist, My routine will be something like this

AM

Squat - 2 sets
Dips - 2 sets
Chins - 2 sets
Milatary - 2 sets

PM

Deadlift - 1 set
Close Grip Bench - 1 set
Bent over rows - 1 set

6 days a week (it's a beautiful thing)

(i had done 3 sets last cycle and just the am workout, no problem except near the end my lower back started to feel it... i suspect it was the @$$ to grass squatting and the fact that for my dips i'm hanging close to 3 plates now for 5 reps)

Anyone see a problem with this?? or how it can be improved upon?

a 2 day splitt means what exactly? an am/pm splitt or to train just 1/2 body per workout session?

well no wonder your lower back hurts if you squat 6x per week!
wow.gif

i can do squats maybe 3-4 per week without stressing my lb too much

am/pm split is just that, you split your workout however you feel... could be half body am half in pm or could be just diff exercises...

I'm doing a very similar routine right now, except I have a few more exercises and I'm only doing 1 set of each instead of 2 for some. At least until the 5s... and mine is flipped so the AM is the shorter one, rather than the PM.

Anyway, it's working great. I think you should definitely give it a shot.

Back