Sample HST cycle

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">atm i'm at the end of my first week of 10s right, and for bb curls, on the last workout i did my first set ok and got 10 reps, but second set i reached 8 reps and i knew that i wouldn't be able to continue, so i stopped there and waited 30 seconds to complete the last 2 reps.</div>
I'm a bit surprised at this because if you have zig-zag in your cycle then at the end of the first week of 10s you won't be lifting much over your 15RM.

Did this only happen for curls? If 'yes' then it's probably due to your back work prior to the curls. If it happened for all the exercises then make sure you are eating enough and get plenty of rest over the weekend.

Like Colby says, clustering is fine. All the best next week.

hey guys, thanks heaps for ya comments!!!
yeah, well for bb curls, i only zigzag going from the 10s to the 5s (that's just the way i chose to make it work hey ;) )
so yeah! but yeah i actually changed exercises, putting bb curls and tri pushdowns FIRST (i'm tryin to prioritise haha), so yeah it wasn't from fatigue from back work. but yeah, i've changed the order back to normal though, with bench and lat pulls startin, then mil press, then bb curls and tri push, then squats (i do squats at the end of my workout cos if i do them around the start, i'm just so goddamn exhausted!!! does anyone else find this???). but yeah it's only curls that it's happening with ATM, i reckon it'll happen with other lifts, cos honestly, if you're nearing your 10RM, of COURSE you won't make 10 again on your second set simply due to fatigue!!! (unless you rest for 3-10 minutes haha)

i'm sorta now regretting doing bb curls and tri pushdowns, cos far out, i've been working out SERIOUSLY for bout 6 months (have been for bout a year, but the start wasn't really properly haha...), and i still can't get my bis and tris growing... and btw NO i am NOT some stereotypical 'guy' just wanting big arms ok haha, it's just that almost every other bodypart has grown, just not arms, and i reckon now i should be doin COMPOUND exercises for them hey... oh well... i'll see how this cycle goes with my iso exercises. i still have progression with them, so HOPEFULLY they respond, i'm just gettin to the frustrated point haha... any ideas? but yeah, people will most likely say go with compounds, so yes! (plus i definitely am eating enough haha)

ok, thanks for that colby and lol!!!

Back