Sci's HST Log

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Sci, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Sci

Sci Well-Known Member

Another reason I am finishing my cut, so that when I pork up to 100 kgs, I can look back and remember that I will be even bigger next time I cut down.

2. Sci

Sci Well-Known Member

Day after Deadlift day, refeed day.
    My erector spinae are having an interesting soreness, very slight, but I can feel it all the way up to my mid back, instead of only feeling it in the lower back which is often the case. I can actually feel the entire muscle on each side. Feels good actually, the kind of strain we aim for in the gym.

3. gbglifter

gbglifter Member

Know how you feel mate.

4. Totentanz

Totentanz Super Moderator Staff Member

One thing to remember with bulking... here in America, a lot of people are obese. When we bulk up to 15% or even 20%, most people aren't even going to notice. You will still be thinner than a huge chunk of the population. Not only that, but while you are still clothed, as long as you are wearing appropriately sized clothing, it will be very hard to tell that you no longer have a six pack. Obviously this all varies slightly with the way you store fat. For instance, I store it in my belly and lower back a lot and my arms don't ever get much fatter, so I always have vascularity in my arms and thus people always think I'm shredded even though I'm not. If you store fat all over, then this might not be the case for you. But it still stands that even if your arms lose some definition, you will still look like you have less bodyfat than the average american. Not only that, but your fat is only temporary. Anyone who says anything about you being a chubber will have to eat their words some months later when you come out looking ten times more awesome than you did before your bulk started.

5. Sci

Sci Well-Known Member

Yeah, so true. I carry fat really well actually. Assuming I put on roughly equal lean mass and fat, I will probably look fairly brawny and muscular at 220. With clothes on, I will just look a lot bigger.

And even if I do look a bit chubby, it's temporary.

I am not scared of bulking any more. I am actually anxious to start!

6. Sci

Sci Well-Known Member

Well, I keep going off my diet, just enough to maintain bodyweight. My heart isn't into this cut, as I plan my deadlift/bulk cycle. I essentially weigh and look exactly as I did several weeks ago...as the latest photos above show. I am just going to end the cut at this point, and gradually move into the bulk cycle as I chase after a big DeadLift.

I will start a new log. and take starting measurements etc.