Seeker's Quest for Success!

Thx for the journal. I hate 15s. I have just finished my workout and am not feeling much. Hopefully on the fifth and sixth workouts I feel it. I know the point of this program is to progressively load. But the weight is so small because I do no lift a lot. Is it ok to maybe do the same weight for two workouts.

If you aren't feeling much from the workout, you need to up your volume or load. You should always feel beat after working out properly.

If you do the same weight for two workouts? I'm not sure what you mean, unless you mean something like this....

Ex.

Monday for squats 150lbs and friday squats 150lbs.

If you meant it that way...then no. You're defeating the point of working up to your real max...

For example my incline bench press max for 15 reps is 30. You can imagine repping 5's 15 times is easy which it is. How do I make this more difficult and challenging for a better workout. Should I shoot for a specific time under tension, how should my lift timing be.

For example my incline bench press max for 15 reps is 30. You can imagine repping 5's 15 times is easy which it is. How do I make this more difficult and challenging for a better workout. Should I shoot for a specific time under tension, how should my lift timing be.
Your bench incline max is 30lbs? If you can barely finish it for thirty pounds. I would suggest only going down 5 lbs each time. So, you would start off doing 20, 25, then 30. If you doing it, monday, friday, then wednesday. Do you catch my drift?

If it's light, like that....you don't need to go down a whole lot. If you were benching 200lbs, then you could do; 180, 190, 200...

Also, pausing at the bottom then going up slow would help.

You should want to go controlled and semi-slow. Enough to put tension on, not too slow though.

So I should do an A and B cycle instead. But doing this will still allow me to do the 2 week cycle. Is this suggested by most or should I do it the other way.

I'm currently doing my 10s this week after a 1 1/2 week vacation, I don't need to re-do 15s.

I will update my log weekly, so you guys can see what I'm up too and my progress.

Monday

30mins Dynamic Stretching

Bench:
2x10x85lbs(WU)
2x10x130lbs

I originally started with 135lbs but I wasn't able to complete it, so I dropped weight to 130 and I could complete it. I was disappointed.

Deadlift:
2x10x125lbs(WU)
2x10x160lbs

It wasn't too bad, it was tiring because I haven't done the deadlifts in a while but I finished them.

Pullups:
2x10xBW(Negative Style)

I was SO tired of these, they were like a big shock to my muscles that's for sure. I was actually doing pullups all along, not chins btw. I was confused on which was what...ha.

Shrugs:
2x10x125lbs(WU)
2x10x205lbs

Shrugs aren't hard or tiring, they do a simple job and when I can't do them anymore. I just can't do them anymore...I finished them fine.

Overall:
I have been eating plenty of what I would call GOOD food, stuff that gets my calories in the surplus of 1,000+ worth. It should help my body drastically, diet is a big portion of working out. It was a good shock to the system today, it will get me back on track.

Wednesday

30mins of Dynamic Stretching

Squat:
2x10x105lbs(WU)
2x10x145lbs

Not too bad, I expected it to be harder, I was surprised because it was actually pretty easy.

Shoulder Press:
2x10x60lbs(WU)
2x10x80lbs

Not hard at all...I prolly need to go up in weight, I don't know.

Bent Row:
2x10x85lbs(WU)
2x10x105lbs

Now, I failed to realize that 105 was actually my max....haha. Sure didn't feel like my max if you ask me, I will continue adding weight to it.

Overall:
I wasn't tired after this, I probably should've gone up in weight for squat/shoulder press but I didn't wanna push it. Clean and Jerks were supposed to be done, but I realized after a long time of not doing them, my form sucks. I will be performing hang cleans from now on to practice.

Friday

Bench:
2x10x85lbs(WU)
2x10x135lbs

I finally perfected my form today, and it shows. I figured out how to squeeze the shoulder blades together by not pushing your shoulders up and keeping them tucked in. It helped a lot, I was able to do the 135lbs, it felt nothing like it did on Monday. It was raw haha.

Deadlift:
2x10x125lbs(WU)
2x10x165lbs

I scraped my sheen and it started bleeding a little bit, nothing too bad though.

Chins:
2x10xBW(Negative Style)

Not as hard, but still pretty tiring.

Shrugs:
2x10x125lbs(WU)
2x10x210lbs

It was all right haha.

Metabolic Work:
4 cycles

15 Bulgarian Leg Split Squats
15 Push Ups
15 Crunches
200meter runs

under 30mins.

Overall:
I was tired as crap cause of the metabolic work haha, Fridays suck :p I will try to do the metabolic work in under 25mins now.

Monday

30mins Dynamic Stretching
Squat:
2x10x105lbs(WU)
2x10x150lbs

It was hard...

Shoulder Press:
2x10x60lbs(WU)
2x10x80lbs

Not hard at all...I prolly need to go up in weight, I don't know.

Bent Row:
2x10x85lbs(WU)
2x10x110lbs

It went pretty good...

Hang Clean:
2x10x80lbs(WU)
2x10x90lbs

They are a work out! Very tiring...

Overall:
Those Hang Cleans know how to get you exhausted....haha.

Wednesday

Bench:
2x10x85lbs(WU)
2x10x140lbs

It wasn't too hard.

Deadlift:
2x10x125lbs(WU)
2x10x170lbs

Deadlifts....were tiring as usual.

Pullups:
2x10xBW(Negative Style)

Getting better!

Shrugs:
2x10x125lbs(WU)
2x10x215lbs

They are getting harder.

Overall:
A pretty good work out, tiring as usual...

Friday

Squat:
2x10x105lbs(WU)
2x10x155lbs

It felt easier for some reason, not sure...

Shoulder Press:
2x10x60lbs(WU)
2x10x85lbs

It was decent...

Bent Row:
2x10x85lbs(WU)
2x10x115lbs

It went pretty good...

Hang Clean:
2x10x80lbs(WU)
2x10x90lbs

They are a work out! Very tiring...

Overall:
Those Hang Cleans know how to get you exhausted....haha.

Metabolic Work:
4 cycles

15 Bulgarian Leg Split Squats
15 Push Ups
15 Crunches
200meter runs

under 15mins.

Overall:
Did good!

Hey Seeker!

Firstly - your comment about your presses not being too challenging. This is one of those lifts where easy shifts to very challenging without too much of a difference in load. Try bumping up a tad more than your normal progression and I think you'll really enjoy the result.

Secondly - what are "negative style" pullups? Are you doing the concentric part of the lift slowly for every rep?

Lastly - great week! How are you feeling about the cycle thus far?

1 - Yeah, like the very last time I did it, I couldn't do anymore afterwards but heavier weight is a possibility. I'll try it out.

2 - Yeah, that's what I'm doing. I can't actually pull myself up to the bar 10 times so I go really slow on the way down. I can do it for 5s though, so it's all good.

3 - I like it, I mean it's tiring an all sometimes but w/e. I haven't really noticed any gain of muscle these two weeks though physically. My weight went up though haha.

Measurements.

Start of Working out:
Left Thigh - 21in. ----------> 24in
Right Thigh - 20.5in. ----------> 24in
Left Calve - 14.5in. ----------> 15in.
Right Calve - 14.5in. ----------> 15in.
Left Forearm - 10.5in. ----------> 11in.
Right Forearm - 11in. ----------> 11in.
Left Bicep - 11in. ----------> 12in.
Right Bicep - 13.5in ----------> 12.5in (it went down A LOT before this afternoon, both my biceps got really small for some reason....)
Chest/Back - 35in. ----------> 39.5 (woooohooo! I gained from last I measured .5in.)

Beginning Weight: 145-150lbs Current Weight: 168lbs 5'10

Great work on the gains seeker, you must have measured right bicep wrong initially, i cant believe it could shrink!

Starting another HST after SD'ing?

Great work on the gains seeker, you must have measured right bicep wrong initially, i cant believe it could shrink!

Starting another HST after SD'ing?

I swear, I didn't measure it wrong. The stupid thing shrunk hahaha.

I'm not done yet, but yeah I will probably.

I have 2 weeks of 5s, then 2 weeks of 5s continued but I do my supposed "max" five times, then I will do 2 weeks negatives.

I swear, I didn't measure it wrong. The stupid thing shrunk hahaha.

I'm not done yet, but yeah I will probably.

I have 2 weeks of 5s, then 2 weeks of 5s continued but I do my supposed "max" five times, then I will do 2 weeks negatives.

thats so weird! lol

Wow so your doing the % rep max 2 weeks and the negative!

good stuff.

Hopefull your bi's get some strong growth!

thats so weird! lol

Wow so your doing the % rep max 2 weeks and the negative!

good stuff.

Hopefull your bi's get some strong growth!
Yeah, I thought so too. I was like, wtf?! hahahaha.

Yeah, never done negatives after....we shall see...

Do not fear! I'm still working it, but I've been lazy with my post. I just edited my workout load today too. I was doing too light of weight for my first week of 3s, but I changed that. I should be making some gains now that I am back on the right track.

I'm bringing this thread back from the dead, pretty sweet eh?

I've done a cycle or two since the last time I posted on here. I haven't gained much in size, more in strength. I was very curious why I stunted in my growth, I researched, re-read the FAQs of HST. Found my problem. Diet. It was later explained a way of eating, what to look for etc etc. I have created my diet, I have all the necessary food to be inhaled so to speak ;)

I'm currently almost done with one week of SD'ing. I have one more week of SD'ing, but three days before I finish the two week mark I will measure all my 15s, 10s, and 5s. Usually they all go up 10 pounds, so if most of them do that then I will just skip actually measuring every max and rest till the start of my 15s. I will start back on keeping everyone here up to date on my progress. I'll also probably be doing an AM & PM work out split to have high frequency. If you have read in the FAQs it is best to help initiate hypertrophy.

Current Stats

Weight: ~164lbs in the morning
Right Leg: 24in.
Left Leg: 23in.
Right Calve: 15 1/4 in.
Left Calve: 15 1/4in.
Right Bicep: 12in.
Left Bicep: 12in.
Waist: 32 1/2in.
Neck: 14 1/2in.
Right Forearm: 11 1/2in.
Left Forearm: 11in.
Chest/Back: 40 1/2in.

WHO WANTS TO CREATE SOME GOALS?!

All right, so I will give a weight goal to be at by the end of my 8 week cycle.

~175lbs in the morning

Last edited:
Maxs

15s/10s/5s

AM
Pull ups - Body Weight/5lbs/10lbs
Bench - 105lbs/130lbs/140lbs (might be off....not sure, will adjust during cycle if necessary)
Deadlift - 145lbs/165lbs/175lbs
Lateral Raises - 22.5lbs/25lbs/30lbs
Bent Over Raises - 12.5lbs/17.5lbs/22.5lbs

PM
Squat - 135lbs/155lbs/165lbs
Pendlay Rows - 85lbs/100lbs/110lbs
Military Press - 75lbs/90lbs/100lbs
Shrugs - 165lbs/185lbs/195lbs

Some of these might be a little distorted because doing 15s all in one workout is VERY tiring for these exercises. If I notice that any exercise needs adjustment I will see to it that it's adjusted but for the most part, it is what it is.

15s

30 minutes of warm up

AM
Bench - 2x15@95lbs
Pullups - 1x5@BW
Deadlift - 2x15@135lbs
Lateral Raises - [email protected]
Bent Over Raises - [email protected]

PM

Squat - 2x15@125lbs
Rows - 2x15@75lbs
Military Press - 2x15@65lbs
Shrugs - 2x15@155lbs

Result: I was super tired, hopefully this ends up working out great for me. I kinda messed up how I did my 15s but one week of 15s is enough to warm me up, no biggie. I only backed off 10lbs instead of 20lbs for the cycle since I do this same thing 3 times a week. I didn't eat ALL of my diet requirement but I ate most of it, at least all the proteins I needed. I still had 2 cups of alfredo, 1 cup of broccoli due. I'll make sure it gets done tomorrow though, which should help me recover very well. I also forgot what I did for warm up before I started the actual exercise. I'll record that wednesday, wish me luck everyone! Tonight I weighed 168lbs, next time I weigh myself in the AM will be next week. Hopefully I will be 168lbs in the AM instead PM hehe. Wish me luck!

Result: I was super tired, hopefully this ends up working out great for me. I kinda messed up how I did my 15s but one week of 15s is enough to warm me up, no biggie. I only backed off 10lbs instead of 20lbs for the cycle since I do this same thing 3 times a week. I didn't eat ALL of my diet requirement but I ate most of it, at least all the proteins I needed. I still had 2 cups of alfredo, 1 cup of broccoli due. I'll make sure it gets done tomorrow though, which should help me recover very well. I also forgot what I did for warm up before I started the actual exercise. I'll record that wednesday, wish me luck everyone! Tonight I weighed 168lbs, next time I weigh myself in the AM will be next week. Hopefully I will be 168lbs in the AM instead PM hehe. Wish me luck!

Good luck, bro! The 15s were alright for me, except for the squats during the last two sessions. I kept thinking about the 20-rep squat program (or breathing squats, they are called sometimes) and how tough that must be. Taking your 10 rep max and squatting it 20 reps without putting the bar down must be a hell of a physical challenge and even more of a mental challenge.

Back