Set up an HST routine, plz check exercises

syxx

Ok I've been reading some about HST. I remember running across this site a few years ago but never tried the routine actually. I have been training on and off for the last 4 years. Anyways here's a list of the exercises I plan to do, MWF, and do cardio on off days. I am kind of limiited in the gym I go to, as they don't have free barbells, though they have a smith and some basic machines, as well as dumb bells up to 70 lbs (which will work for me, for now at least). If anyone can think of changing some exercises please let me know.

Incline Bench (w/ dumb bells)
Dips
Squats (Smith Rack, no squat rack available)
Leg Curls
Seated toe raise w/weight
Chins (W and N grip)
Bent Over Rows (I may consier using the seated row machine, though I don't think it is as much of a compound exercise)
Seated Shoulder Press Machine
Dumbbell Curls
Shrugs
Bent Over Tricep Extension
Crunches

As i understand it... I find my 15, 10, and 5 rep maxes, respectively, and do these exercises for 2 sets. First 2 weeks, 15 rep max sets MWF x 2 sets, then 2 weeks 10 rep max sets MWF x 2 sets, and finally 2 weeks 5 rep max sets MWF x 2 sets.

get rid of leg curls and do deadlifts or straight-leg deadlifts for your hamstrings...your hams will get jacked.

If your gym doesn't have olympic style barbells...join somewhere else! Seriously, that sucks.
mad.gif

<div>
(syxx @ Mar. 04 2007,20:30)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">As i understand it... I find my 15, 10, and 5 rep maxes, respectively, and do these exercises for 2 sets.  First 2 weeks, 15 rep max sets MWF x 2 sets, then 2 weeks 10 rep max sets MWF x 2 sets, and finally 2 weeks 5 rep max sets MWF x 2 sets.</div>
You could do that , but the most basic form &quot;vanilla&quot; HST is usually done with 1x15's , 2x10's and 3x5's . Other than that it seems like you've got the basic idea.

Back