Sleeping time

wow, i didn't expect so much responds lol. I'm 20 years old by the way, and yeah, kids my age don't get enough sleep, most of them, but most don't take on bodybuilding, so its not much of a concern for them. I can't believe that there's actually quite a lot of people here who actually has sleeping problems and not getting the 8 hours sleep, thought it was just me
biggrin.gif

For me, its not really about not able to get enough sleep, but its usually the sleep timing, and my sleeping environment does contributes to the late sleeping time.

Tunnelrat, I do live at the equator, and its suppose to be hot here, but last few nights, it was Hotter than usual, and mosquitoes keep flyin around, cuz they like the warm temperature. But now the temperature is back to normal.
wink.gif

Btw, guys, after I manage to get to sleep, my body often wakes up after 7 hours of sleep, no matter what time I slept. And if its not 7 hours, sometimes I sleep too long, like 9 hours. It's not that easy to get 8 hours lol. I always get worried of not able to get up early to eat in the morning due to waking up late. If I only slept 7 hours, I would still feel a little sleepy. Problem is, if i take a nap, I'd probably going to be sleeping even more late later that night. And I have to wake up early for college and etc.

I don't plan on taking any drugs for the time being though, because a long time ago I already went to see the doctor about my sleep timing, he said it was pretty unusual, he gave me some sleep deprivation method to help me sleep properly, and he doesn't want to give me any drugs because he said it ain't good. He will only give if things gets really worse. And it doesn't.

well i usually get between 5-6 hours a night as i work mornings but cant get to sleep before 11-12 oclock.when i am off work or on a weekend i sleep like a baby for 9 hours.

if i only manage 5 hours i try and have an afternoon nap when i get home. seems to recharge the batteries.

yeah, two things. One is what Icars referred to: when short from a night's sleep, recharge with the catnap trick.
Second, we're not of the same mold: 8 hrs. is recommended for MOST of us, but not all require that much, so don't stress over it if your body only wants 7.
They did an experiment with people in caves underground: no clocks, no outside lights, a variable work enviornment that allowed those people to work, sleep, eat, and play as they wished. The subjects spent less and less time in bed, lacking the nocturnal signals for the diurnal clocks: eventually most of them only slept two hours a 24/hr period. Of course, they weren't BB'ing and rebuilding stressed muscle, but it showed that the body functions well with less.
At 20 yrs. old, your hormones are raging, recovery is maxed and you very well may only need 5-7 hrs. When you get older, as you go through the seemingly 7-year metabolic shifts, your needs will probably change. Many need LESS sleep when they age; I did after yr. 46. This doesn't necessarily mean you'll be as refreshed in the morning, so enjoy your youthful energy while you have it.

Let's face it, since I started sleeping 8 or more hours mu body is starting to grow again, its just amazing!

I used to sleep at best 6 hours, sometimes less, got to be something to do with the KIWIS?
biggrin.gif

Aaron, no offense, its actually a compliment! I should be streseed to death, but thanks to HST and the Waikato Varsity Gym, I am feeling great!
cool.gif

<div>
(Xerobeat @ May 04 2008,12:08)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Tunnelrat, I do live at the equator, and its suppose to be hot here, but last few nights, it was Hotter than usual, and mosquitoes keep flyin around, cuz they like the warm temperature. But now the temperature is back to normal.
wink.gif
</div>
I have a hard enough time dealing with the heat of Pennsylvania! I'm not sure how some of you guys deal with the heat in Australia, Brazil and other countries of similar climates.

<div>
(colby2152 @ May 08 2008,9:53)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I have a hard enough time dealing with the heat of Pennsylvania!  I'm not sure how some of you guys deal with the heat in Australia, Brazil and other countries of similar climates.</div>
I leave the fridge door open
biggrin.gif

<div>
(electric @ May 08 2008,9:04)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(colby2152 @ May 08 2008,9:53)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I have a hard enough time dealing with the heat of Pennsylvania! I'm not sure how some of you guys deal with the heat in Australia, Brazil and other countries of similar climates.</div>
I leave the fridge door open
biggrin.gif
</div>
No wonder your name is Electric; you love to waste electricity!
tounge.gif

<div>
(Fausto @ May 08 2008,5:58)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">got to be something to do with the KIWIS?</div>
No worries, mate...
smile.gif

<div>
(Fausto @ May 08 2008,5:58)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I used to sleep at best 6 hours, sometimes less, got to be something to do with the KIWIS?
biggrin.gif
</div>
It's always much more relaxing to sleep upside down. Must have something to do with going back to a monkey's womb while mama is hanging upside down from a banana tree.
cool.gif

<div>
(Old and Grey @ May 09 2008,10:52)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">As any self-respecting tunnel rat would say:

Non Gratum Anum Rodentum!</div>
You are quite correct, O&amp;G. As a rule, my fellow rats tend to use Old Latin mottoes...
wink.gif

However, now that Fausto is Downunda, I wanted to reply in Strine...

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">However, now that Fausto is Downunda, I wanted to reply in Strine... </div>

No worries mate!
laugh.gif
downright local coloquial!
wink.gif

<div>
(colby2152 @ May 08 2008,8:53)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I have a hard enough time dealing with the heat of Pennsylvania! I'm not sure how some of you guys deal with the heat in Australia, Brazil and other countries of similar climates.</div>
As for the normal temperature here, we don't deal with it, we're born with a body that adapts to it, its just like how you guys can adapt to 4 seasons. But of course if the sun is staring at me at 12noon I won't really be able to deal with it, i'd run back inside the house. But I heard the summer in the US is actually a little bit more hotter than the temperature that we have here in the equator. It's humid here. You guys have a dry hot weather in the summer.

I remember one time when I was coming back from college, and there were a few of my collegemates nearby, one guy is local, and the other is from africa. The local guy was complaining about our hot weather at that time, the sun was shining brightly at a particular area and he was standing right below it. The african guy said &quot;You should come to my country, this is like spring.&quot;
biggrin.gif
it made me want to laugh.

<div>
(Xerobeat @ May 11 2008,1:04)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(colby2152 @ May 08 2008,8:53)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I have a hard enough time dealing with the heat of Pennsylvania! I'm not sure how some of you guys deal with the heat in Australia, Brazil and other countries of similar climates.</div>
As for the normal temperature here, we don't deal with it, we're born with a body that adapts to it, its just like how you guys can adapt to 4 seasons. But of course if the sun is staring at me at 12noon I won't really be able to deal with it, i'd run back inside the house. But I heard the summer in the US is actually a little bit more hotter than the temperature that we have here in the equator. It's humid here. You guys have a dry hot weather in the summer.

I remember one time when I was coming back from college, and there were a few of my collegemates nearby, one guy is local, and the other is from africa. The local guy was complaining about our hot weather at that time, the sun was shining brightly at a particular area and he was standing right below it. The african guy said &quot;You should come to my country, this is like spring.&quot;
biggrin.gif
it made me want to laugh.</div>
Well, I can deal with the dry heat (Western US) much better than the humidity (Eastern, especially the South US). Florida isn't actually the worst thanks to the coasts. Quadland (Georgia) may be some of the most muggy weather there is in the South. Virginia's pretty bad too. I really shouldn't complain about Pennsylvania!

Back