slowly but surely

that was enlightening

i meant, what kind of routine, even if it doesn't promise rapid results, even if it takes a long time, will get me strong and injury free.

Yeah, but Lance is basically right. Understandably you probably wanted slightly more detail. Try this:
1) 5x5 (single factor seems to be the easiest and most liked. Heck, Aaron F even gave a positive endorsement of it!)
2) Eat over maintenance level calories. You should shoot for approx. an excess of 500 cals. Yes you will gain some fat if you want to bulk effectively but monitored properly and with some moderate cardio, it can be limited. My opinion is that, for the general population though, it shouldn't be eliminated, at least not if you want to add muscle efficiently.

Lance, you win the contest for Laconic responses.

Form a program that allows continual progressive overloading, that focusses on working weakpoints and has a set goal. ADjust it to work with your lifestyle (work, school etc) and provide adequate calories from food (adequate means not dieting, but bulking continually would work better)

Then perform it for a long period of time.

Consistently <- KEY FACTOR

Back