Smith Machine Question

Bob Evans

I just swiched gyms -- and they only have a smithmachine for bench :confused: :confused:
crazy.gif
. How much does the bar weigh on a Smith Machine -- and there are counter weights??

Thanks Guys Robert

thats too bad if you like to do bench, smith machines are OK and my guess would be to add 50% more weight. better option for me would be doing dips or using dumbells.

Thanks zoomz

I'm in my negs so going heavy --for me ;) . So I have to do bench -- and since I am setting some new personal bests - I would like to know how much the bar weighs

You have to watch with Smith Machines as some of them are counter balanced and the bar weighs nothing. Some of them weight anything between nothing and 45 lbs so you would have to check with the manufacturer for the unit that you are using.

Not only does the bar weigh less or nothing but because you do not have to control the weight you will be pressing much, much more that you could with free weights.

Mike

yeah I noticed the much more part. I think I am going to try to lift the bar and see what it feels like.

Thanks again, Bob

Back