So the volume question

i guess it comes down to genetics too,as daft as it sounds i know some people with such a high degree of leg developement they never train legs and they put mine to shame,you have to decide whats best for you and stick with it.

a further note,people are often noted as saying that bb rows are enough for rear delts(among other exercises) so no need for anything further and i would agree if all you want is a good physique,but if you want to compete  you can forget it,not enough.dont wanna come off sounding harsh guys but lets get serious.

<div>
(Totentanz @ Jun. 23 2006,17:38)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I would much rather do another set of squats or deads instead of doing leg curls or lunges.</div>
Exactly and I agree. I had a choice, do another squat and deadlift set or do nothing. I felt doing the squats and deadlift back to back would be draining (since these were the two that really sucked my strength for the rest of the exercises in my last cycles) and since I'm lowering volume, I thought well I'll drop this too. However I thought well leg curls and lunges aren't as draining, so instead of doing nothing all throw those in.

I've definitely felt (and there's that feel thing again) that the leg curls and lunges specifically hit the muscle harder than a squat or deadlift. ie the burn was more significantly concentrated in the muscle. I know overall though that the squat and dead would give more mass. I'm just trying to hit it a little more without expending as much energy as a squat or deadlift would.

Back