Stallone Six Day Split

Essentially the same as you would use for cutting - basic compounds as the base of the routine, but with higher volume than you would use for cutting and with additional volume for whatever lagging areas you need to bring up. The other difference being that with cutting, I would recommend staying very close, or at, your 5 RM for the duration. With 'mass-building' I would recommend a layoff or deload, followed by a ramp up from sub-max to maximal weights.
In either case, this would mean following HST principles. You'd simply have a lot more progression when bulking than when cutting, in my plan.

So in other words... for cutting, I would go with something akin to the Simplify and Win thread. Unless you are at an elite bodybuilding level, I don't think you really need to do curls, tricep extensions, etc during a cut. Your arms aren't going to grow. The focus is maintaining the muscle and strength that you have.
Mass-building - again, something akin to Simplify and Win but with more volume than you'd use for cutting and with the extra work added in for whatever lagging parts you have. Obviously you don't want to add in extra work for everything, I'd stick to extra work for one major muscle group OR a couple minor muscle groups.

Back