Starting HST Training

LDU

Hi,

Im looking for some advice re HST. Ive got my program set up and ready to go. Just finishing of the end of a 6 month MAX OT program.
How long should i wait between finsihing my current program and commencing HST?

Thanks in advance.

If you've got your maxes sorted and you're all ready to go then I'd take at least a week off before starting your cycle; I tend to finish a cycle on a Friday and then start the next a week on Monday, so it's actually 9 days off. Ideally, stay away from the weights and use the time to get some jobs done around the house and/or do a bit of extra cardio.

If you've been lifting hard and heavy for the last six months your body will thank you for the time off, even if you don't feel like a break.

Have a great cycle.

Thanks very much for both replies,

I am very exited about starting HST. i cant wait!

i will finish my current program tomorrow and have 12 days break which would put me back into a good training schedule.

maxes are all set,

15s set up as follows ( 1 set working sets)

Incline bench(inc 5kg-11lbs) 45, 50, 55, 60, 65, 70(KG)alternate flys and bench)
Flys (increment 2kg - 4.4lbs) 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18 (KG)
Lat Pulldown(inc 5kg - 11lbs) 35, 40, 45, 50, 55, 60(KG)
Seated Row (increment 5kg - 11lbs) 35,40,45,50,55, 60(KG)
Barbell Shrugs (increments 5kg -11lbs) 55,60,65,70,75, 80(KG)
SHoulder Press(2kg-4.4lbs) 10,12,14,16,18 (KG)
DB Curls (inc 1kg-2.2lbs per DB) 10,11,12,13,14,15
Lying Tri Ext (ince 3kg-6.6lbs) 13, 16, 19, 22, 25, 28

please critique and let me know what i can do better, my goal is size.
Thanks in advance.

i was waiting for that, hoping i didnt need to explain.

i have injurys from many years kickboxing which make it hard to walk let alone do direct leg work. I work them very light each session.

enough said

wow alot of the posts are gone from the update!

heres my adjusted and tweaked program for the 15's

let me knwo what you think!

Incline Bench 2 sets 15 reps
Lat Pulldown 2 Sets 15 reps
Shoulder Press 2 sets 15 Reps
Bicep Curls 2 set of 15 reps
Lying Tricep Press 2 sets 15 reps
Deadlifts 2 Sets of 15 Reps
Barbell Shrugs 2 sets 15 reps

Just lost my previous post downloading iSpell. :(

Anyway, what I was saying is that you might consider something for your chest that is more decline to go with your shoulder press. Just a suggestion if you are trying to create more "ledge" under your pecs. Then again, you might be focusing on front delts and/or upper pecs....

Hi Brian, id like to thank you for replying personally to my question, its an honor and really appreciate it.

Ive always had trouble with decline bench feeling like im slipping, i will add it into my program and use the 15 and 10's to improve my form and get the hang of it. Excellent idea, removing incline will save alot of work from my delts. I only chose incline as i believe ( i may be wrong) its less chance of injury compared to flat. Yes i want that ledge under my pecs, and im gonna get it!

Thanks again.

I was a frequent visitor to this site several years ago, but then it appeared that the site became inactive or went away. I had an email today in my suspect email announcing a new forum. Glad to see it's back as I found it to have a wealth of very good info.
I need to reeducate myself on the principles HST.
Thanks!

only 3 days to go until i finsh SD and start my first HST cycle.

Feeling very keen and excited to get into this and looking forward to see some great results.

I will post pics before and after.

heres my revised and tweaked program.

Decline Bench 2 sets 15 reps
Lat Pulldown 2 Sets 15 reps
Shoulder Press 2 sets 15 Reps
Bicep Curls 2 set of 15 reps
Lying Tricep Press 2 sets 15 reps
Deadlifts 2 Sets of 15 Reps
Barbell Shrugs 2 sets 15 reps

a couple mroe questions if i may. i read on bodybuilding.com that 4 sets of 15 reps was suggested per workout? I was thinking 2 of doing 2 sets in the 15's. 3 sets in the 10's and 6 sets in the 5's. Keeping 30 reps throughout pretty much.

this sound ok?

thanks again for everyones time

Back