Stretch point for lagging bodyparts

Fausto

HST Expert
Hi Jules

Do you care to explain a little more on this technique? :confused:

Can one use this all round?
tounge.gif

So when there is lagging body parts or to increase hypertrophy on parts atht one feels need that extra bit, one can use this technique, can you expand a little? Give some examples, please.

What about pulsing, I am afraid I'm not too clewar on this one.

Your input is great and sincerely appreciated.
thumbs-up.gif

Ciao

Fausto

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Can one use this all round?

If you mean, through an entire HST cycle -- no, I don't recommend stretch-point exercises (or isolation movements in general) during the 15s. If you mean, applying stretch-point movements all over -- uhm, well, it would look something like this:

Stretch-points for whole body:
DB Pullovers (lat and upper back)
Incline/Flat DB Fly
Incline/Flat DB Curl
Skullcrusher
Row behind the back
Incline bench lateral raise
Sissy Squat or "Butt Blaster" machine
SLDL (and ideally, on a block)
Donkey Calf Raise
Abs on a hyperback extension bench

That's 12 exercises. Now, you would probably do donkey calf raises and SLDL as part of your compound regimen. But in conjunction with your normal core program, you're into the 20-exercise regimen. That's a lot of different exercises, which don't include the peak contraction movements to boost metabolic stress. Also, at this point, you would have to question whether just doing negatives or higher loads in general wouldn't serve the same basic purpose. The sissy squat is a weird, weird movement.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]So when there is lagging body parts or to increase hypertrophy on parts atht one feels need that extra bit, one can use this technique, can you expand a little? Give some examples, please.

That's in the Customizing section. ;)

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]What about pulsing, I am afraid I'm not too clewar on this one.

Traditionally, pulsing is a very short-range partials used to boost metabolic stress (i.e. burn.) It is best used with peak contraction isolation movements such as leg extensions, machine curls, tricep pushdowns, machine pullover, etc. There's a variation, which I call pulse-stretching, which can be done with pulling and stretch-position movements. But, generally, I think it's easier and safer to use loaded stretching.

cheers,
Jules

Thanks Jules

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]If you mean, applying stretch-point movements all over -- uhm

That is exactly what I mean, so thanks for the exercises you mention, I do them all except maybe for the DB pullover which I have not done for a while, the other is the row behind back, I am not too keen on this, I feel it is bad for the shoulders do you disagree? Or maybe I am not totally undersatnding this one, it this the pulling row behind the back? Then it is shoulders and traps, right?
tounge.gif

Here is what I include in my routine, I've been off for some months now, but planning to start tomorrow, and although I hate the 15's, I see their therapeutic use, specially after suffering lateral epicondilitys, seems a whole lot better so it is time to hit the weights again.
butbut.gif

Leg curls + Deadlifts (alternated) with Leg extensions + Squats / Incline d/b flyes + Decline b/b press (alternated with)
15 degree B/B benchpress / Chins (overhand wide grip) /
Bent over cable rows (single hand) alternated with Bent over B/B rows / Military press alternated with Incline lateral raises
+ Bent over lateral raises / Preacher curls + Incline d/b curls (seated) / Decline skull crushers alternated with Pressdowns (rope) and Abs (personal choice) I choose various exercises my favourite is the partial dragon flag, like Bruce Lee's one only this guy had a terrible strong internal ab structure, he was simply amazing! ;)

What I was thinking is maybe maintaining a 15's routine for maybe 4 weeks for the biceps in order to heal the tennis elbow properly then slowly starting to add weight, I think I overdid it when I was (standing) curling 50 Kgs. for negs with only a slight cheat, this my joints did not like very much
laugh.gif

Anyway, I'll wait for your answer while I download some info from the customizing section.

Ciao

Fausto

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I am not too keen on this, I feel it is bad for the shoulders do you disagree?

They can be. DB pullovers do stretch out the lats better than chins and other pulling movements, but there's that risk. I just don't feel comfortable with negative-style DB pullovers, but they work well. It's not the same thing as pulling rows behind the back.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I choose various exercises my favourite is the partial dragon flag, like Bruce Lee's one only this guy had a terrible strong internal ab structure, he was simply amazing!

For true abdominal development, look into doing ab crunches on a hyperextension back bench. Or just hang there holding a weight. Only do this during 5s, though. In conjunction with dragon flags or the Nelson situp, you'll accelerate core development.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]What I was thinking is maybe maintaining a 15's routine for maybe 4 weeks for the biceps in order to heal the tennis elbow properly then slowly starting to add weight, I

I'd start out with 2 weeks of 20s or so. Also, through 10s, I would still add more burn sets in order to work on that elbow.

cheers,
Jules

that's actually exactly what im doing for my workouts. Vicious and Dkm were discussing it somewhere else in the forum, search for POF.
15s:
bench, behind pulls, barbell curls, squat, lying extensions, dumbell press

10s and 5s:bench, behind pulls, barbell curls, squat, lying extensions, dumbell press + stretch point (db flye, close grip row, incline curls, overhead extensions, lateral raise)+ some pulse 15's with leg curls, leg ext

Back