Supplements for fat loss

Any legal supplements that really work to help cut fat?  I have never taken a supplement in my life to help lose weight, so I have no experience or knowledge of stimulants/appetite suppressors/metabolism boosters.  Is all the stuff at supplement stores junk or are there any that are legit?  I ask because nowadays it seems like when it comes to supplements, anything that really works has been made illegal, (prohormones for lean mass, ephedra for cutting, etc.)
I know a couple of guys who say Hotrox is good stuff, does it really work?

Ephedrine is legal, you have to ask for it at the counter. Buy some No-Doze or other caffeine pills and you are set, assuming diet is in order.

Damn Ephedrine is illegal in Australia cause people use it to make amphetamines. Its over-the-counter in US now?? Damn ship me over some in a condom will you
tounge.gif

The only product that I know of that really works is Xenical, but that has some unfortunate side-effects, basically it stops 30% of the fat being absorbed into the body. The nasty side-effect is that the fat comes out the other end...not pleasant.

I've heard from numerous sources that it works though.

Wanna be our guinea pig?

Well I did a bunch of research and it seems the best supplements for cutting fat/retaining muscle is ephedrine/caffeine stacked 20 mg of ephedrine/200 mg of caffeine 3 times/day. And yes, apparently it is legal, because I found several places that sell it online, (with a limit to order quantity.)
Ephedrine and caffeine are drugs even if legal, and I will have to do a bit more research before I decide anything.

Yeah you should be careful with heart palpitations, with both eph and caff. Guarana and so forth are caffeine extracts.

search for "ECA stack" I asked a similar question and tot gave me some good advice.

I went to the local CVS today and asked for ehpedrine, the pharmacist looked quickly and said they don't carry it, also they didn't have caffeine. I hate ordering online because of shipping, etc. but may have to. CVS did have some thermogenics though (raises body temp. to keep metabolism elevated during diet.) Does any body have good experience with thermogenics? (hotrox, hydroxycut, etc.)

If CVS doesn't have caffeine, well that's weird. You can get caffeine pills anywhere, at the supermarket, whatever. Look for No-Doz or the cheap generic pills, which have 200 mgs of C per pill.

Ephedrine is getting harder to get...

The two best suppliments for fatloss are Iron and leather.

Lift the iron in the gym.

Leave the leather on the road.

Burn off the fat. Make your heart healthy.

Expensive suppliments to increase your cardiovascular risk factors not needed.

What the hell is 'leather'? [edit- oh, I get it, running shoes. Yes, but all the exercise in the world won't help if diet isn't controlled.]

Well scientific studies have shown that Ephedrine stacked with caffeine (and sometimes aspirin)produced much better fat/muscle ratio loss.  One group dieted but did a placebo, the other group dieted and did the ECA stack. Both groups lost the same amount of weight, but the ECA groups lost much more fat tissue and much less mucles tissue!!!  I agree if you have cardiovacular wekaness or a history of it in your family then forget about it, but I personally don't.

You should try fish oils (omega 3) and CLA, and maybe green tea (little effect).

Although some studies show positive effects on fat loss, and other studies show little or no effect, I think it's worth taking. If not for fat loss, they do have other health benefits.

Some studies are mentioned in these articles:

Omega 3 fish oil:
http://www.bodybuildingforyou.com/article....oss.htm
http://www.omega3fishoil.org/fishoil.asp

CLA:
http://www.bodybuildingforyou.com/weight-....rch.htm

Green tea:
http://www.celestialseasonings.com/tea-health/health-green-tea.html
http://www.webmd.com/content/article/20/1728_52605.htm

if you want ephedrine you can buy BRONKAID or PRIMATENE in the drug store. You probably have to bring a little card up to the pharmacy and show your driver's liscense, but it's legal as an athsma/cough remedy.

Don't you need a prescription to get those?

Any side-effects or things we should know about taking them if you're not an asthmatic?

I got lots of friends who are asthmatic anyway so lets say I get my friend to buy me some (dodgy I know), how much should I take a day? Is it in pill form or puffer?

25 mg of Ephedrine
200 mg of Caffeine
and an aspirin

If you want the full stack. I would strongly suggest that you start out slow and take one ephedrine one day and see how you feel. The next day take the Caffeine pill and see how that affects you. Then and only then, if you feel comfortable take both of them in a stack.

I know a few people who have tried them. I've tried them, not too bad. They will definately get your motor running. One woman I know hates taking it though, gave her a funny feeling in the chest, others have complained about their stomach not feeling right / queezy.

Use your best judgement is the best suggestion I can make.

To add, I'd leave out the asprin and try Yohimbe HCL instead...conversely, you can just do an E/C stack.

My Ephedrine comes in 8mg pills, so 200mg caffeine/ 24mg ephedrine to start is good, adding another dose at noon should your tollerance increase.  Dosages are often weight dependant, as a 215lbs male, this is almost nothing to me...for my 130lbs gf, it makes her really sketchy.

Also, if you start to experience stomache issues or sleeplessness, cut back on the caffeine, and never take it after 4pm. I find it's largely the caffeine that is responsible for most of the real discomfort in ECA stacks.

Remember too that receptors will downregulate if you are on for too long...I would suggest no longer than a 6-8 week run.

good luck!

Oh, if you take Yohimbine, make sure you don't take it at the same time as your EC stack as it can cause problems - blood pressure, etc. If you take the Y upon waking, then take the EC a few hours later, you should be okay. Y is a great compound to help with stubborn fat, but be aware that it is also used to enhance sexual performance, so be careful. I don't remember the dosage recs for Y, but it's a lot more than what the bottle usually says. I think I was taking 15 mgs a day? The pills come in 2.5 milligrams, so you end up having to take quite a few.

Thanks guys, I am just going to try the EC stack for awhile and see how it goes, I will start with one/day and maybe increase it slowly from that point if needed. I really don't need to lose that much fat (15 lb.s give or take), I just wanted to take something that has been proven to help lose more fat than lean mass, and steroids are out of the question for me right now.

Back