Switching Between Exercises

Is switching between exercises any good?

• Total voters

moonman

Hi guys,

since I am new to the world of HST, I have some questions.
My first question would be:
Is there any benefit in switching between exercises (e.g. Squat and Leg Press) between 2 workouts ?

My plan with which I want to start the following Tuesday would look like this:

Squats
Legpress (alternative)
Legcurl
Incline Bench
Chins
Dips
Bent Row
Lateral Raise
Rear Delt Raise
Preacher Curls
Triceps Extension
Shrugs
Calves
Abs (machine)

If there is any Benefit, I would alternate Squats and Legpress, maybe also, if it makes any sense Bent Row with a Machine Row.

Furthermore : Is it any good to do Legcurls, Lateral/Rear Delt Raise and Bi's and Tri's with only 5 reps ?

I hope someone can help me and appreciate any comment on my questions and routine.

Thanks for any help and the great community!

Welcome to HST @moonman

How many days are you training and how many sets / reps per session are you planning to do per rep block?

1 - I would stick with Squats every workout rather than alternate with leg press, if you are going to alternate squats with anything I would recommend deadlifts, but I would prefer that you add deadlifts to every workout and drop leg curls.

2 - I would not / do not do leg curls, lateral / rear delts or any bicep and tricep exercises at any rep range, is there a reason why you do no overhead press movement in your routine?

Personally I would do the following

Quads - Squats
Hams / Lower Back - Deadlift
Calves - not really necessary as covered by the above but ok to include if you must
Chest - Flat Bench (rather than incline as you can use more load) and Dips
Shoulders - Overhead Press
Back - Chins and Bent over Rows (prefer Pendlay Rows)
Traps - shrugs not necessary as more than covered by deadlifts but ok to include if you must
Biceps - not necessary as covered with all the back exercises
Triceps - not necessary covered with bench, dips and OH press

Good luck

Last edited:
Back