Taking Supps While SD'ing

wrestlingmark

When I strategic decondition during an HST cycle, should I continue to take the supplements that I am currently taking while weight training. I take 5-20 g BCAA, 5-20 g Glutamine or Glutamine Peptide, 1-3 g Kre Alkalyn, 300-400 mg Ecdysterone, Vitamin E 200-600 IU. If someone knows for sure, please inform me, but if your not 100 % positive on what to do, do not reply. I would like a reason behind taking or not taking these supplements and a source if possible. THANKS!

if anyone knows for sure?

well, most of that stuff is completely unnecessary even when you ARE training. I'd leave the BCAA and glutamine behind, just get some whey. And use the whey if you are really low on protein during SD, which you shouldn't be.

As far as vitamin E, I assume you use that for health/antioxidant reasons, so might as well keep taking it. Why are you taking ecdysterone?

I am taking Ecdysterone + BCAA's + Whey as a protein synthesis stack, post workout. I got the idea to do this out of Muscle and Fitness mag, which I know, isn't great to get advice out of, but i decided to give this a try.

Why don't you think I should take Glutamine, since it combats lactic acid, helps the immune system, and increases GH?

Hello wrestlingmark  :)

Wow, I can see you're pretty serious about this whole thing, which is good to hear!

First of, well, you can scrap all your protein supplements during SD. But the vitamin E, leave it coz I'm sure you have other reasons behind it other than bodybuilding (it is after all good for almost everyone to take Vit E supplements).
You can scrap them all in SD because as long as you have a good diet (and we assume you do because that is the basis of bodybuilding), you are getting all of the protein you need without taking supplements.

Like eat two cans of tuna, four slices of whole wheat bread, 8 ounces of chicken, 2 cups of milk, a cup of mixed nuts, and add in one or two more high-qualtiy protein meals you want, spread all these throughout your day, and you more or less have enough protein already. No need for supplements.

But if you don't have full-control of what you eat (some people have this limitation), so you really need supplements to make sure you get the protein you need, then I wouldn't advise you to scrap your protein supplements. You still need them. You don't want protein to be suddenly limited during your SD, because you just want your muscles deconditioned, not cannibalized for their protein (i.e., when your body runs short of protein, it takes it from wherever it can, including muscles and even from red blood cells! )

I hope this helps you. Good luck!  :)
- JV

Back