Taste of Primer & Driver

Toma

Just wondering how you feel Primer & Driver tastes as compared to other protein powders you've tried?

Tom

I personally think both of them taste great in milk or water. I'm hopefully looking forward to a Vanilla flavor that may be mixed with almost anything. I cannot stand My*pl*x. D*signer Wh*y tastes great but the bloating problems make it not worth the while.

As an aside, the greater the degree of hydrolysis, the worse the protein would taste.

Great taste does not necessarily equal better protein, but it can mean a greater degree of consumer compliance.

Texture and mouth-feel play a part too, in patient compliance and to be honest, Twinlab had this Whey Fuel formulation in sachets - it tasted like a thick vanilla milkshake when mixed with cold water.

There are some brands that are good quality and good tasting. HSN is definitely one of them. Twinlabs could be one of them too although I have not taken any of their shakes for a long time. Do they still exist I wonder?

Still, one person's meat is another's poison, or in this day and age, another's vegetables.... so it is best you do a taste test for yourself. It is possible to get your protein powder unflavoured, but this leaves you with the onerous task of adding cocoa, glucose etc. If you have the patience and passion for this, why not?

Godspeed, and happy HSTing :)

Back