The Heaviest dunbell is not enougth for my rows

Giovanni

Hi for all.
I have a problem in the gym I train.
The heaviest dunbell is only 32 kg, and this is to light for me to do my one arm dunbell rows.
I can not do barbell rows, since I have 2 herniated discs in my lower back, and the dunbell rows was the only safe exercicie for me.
What can I do?Any sugestions?
Thank you very much

Giovanni
worship.gif

Hi!!
Yes, I do chins whit 25 kg around my waist(my 5 rm).
But I think that for back thikness rows is needed.
Thank you
worship.gif

Giovanni

If you have a partner, that can be solved do the rows over the incline bench, just get the partner to pass you the bar while you lie chest first onto the bench, you can then row nicely.

Alternatively do seated rows, lat pull downs, superset those with the 32 Kg d/b if you have to, surely you will get some benefits, you going to have to get creative (think Picasso)
laugh.gif

why not load one end of a barbell and use it like a t-bar
row?
I forgot to add that if there is concern with the bar chewing on the floor, or moving around too much, you can make a cradle for
the bar out of some wood blocks....nuthin' fancy.

Hi!
The problem is I want to use rows for my HST workouts, and whit this 32 kg dunbell, I can do more than 10 reps whit this.
I builded my own dunbell by geting the litle bar for dunbells in the gym, and whit 10 kg plates, built my 43 kg dunbell for the 5's, but the 10 kg plates limit the range of motion, since it touch more fast my chest than whit a 6 kg plates, for example.
since the most I can build whit 6 kg plates is a 36 kg dunbell, I am in trouble again.
Maybe a less range of motion in the rows is not bad.I can go full strech in the botton, bu have a less full contration at the top.Is like doing a barbell rows not thouching your chest.
Oh my God, if chins was enougth for back, I would be very happy, since no problems whi this mov(I plan to reach 30 kg is this cycle).
Thank 's
worship.gif

Giovanni

Giovanni

Another variant I forgot to mention, single cable rows (low cable that is) can easily substitute the d/b variety provided you can add the extra weight!

Buy some longer dumbbell bars and you can get more weight on them. Most of the standard bars are only 14" but you can get 18" at many places. Depending on the brand of plate I am using I can get 140 lbs + on each bar.

Back