This coming HST cycle I need some help

<div>
(Joe.Muscle @ May 01 2007,19:04)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">
biggrin.gif
Quad you are right.

Sometimes we all look for the quick fix and through reading tons of my notes on hypertrophy and some other sites over the past 2 days I realized I am right on with the setup...I just haven't found the right mix for the pecs yet?

Maybe I should push through the awkward feeling of dips?

Maybe I should do Flys HST style adding weight?

Not really sure but I will not be using the same exercise for chest this cycle.

Thanks guys!

Lastly...I am not pumped up about cutting to much this year...normally I am when summer comes around...so more than anything I am looking after cycle to really go crazy on the calories and do one nasty bulk!</div>
speaking of nasty bulks...you should see my gut! I don't care my muscles are all thicker too.
laugh.gif

<div>
(quadancer @ May 01 2007,07:41)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">My opinion of flyes here:
http://www.hypertrophy-specific.info/cgi-bin....=13802;</div>
Ahhh....cable crossovers do burn!

The only problem I have with any isolation movement is this.

I have got 30 reps nothing more or nothing less...and I hate to use 10 or 20 of the reps on a pussy movement like flys? I like the big compounds....but maybe that is were I am going wrong.

Maybe I need to take the delts and triceps out of the picture...especially since they are not my weak point and chest is?

Hmmm....youve got me thinking Quad
biggrin.gif

The best chest result I ever had was on my last HST cycle.

I halved the volume per exercise - 1x10 and 2x5 - but had more than a dozen exercises each workout, including Flat Bench, Incline Bench, Flyes and Dips (because I wanted to focus on my chest). The other exercises were split evenly among all the other body parts.

So, in other words, my advice is: Don't waste time doing the same exercises over and over again, do different ones, and more of them. As many as you can think of or enjoy, in fact. And if you need to save time, reduce the number of reps per exercise. It'll be the same work done at the end of your workout, but you'll have hit your muscles from all angles.

Or, in one sentence: If you want to focus on your chest, do lots of different chest exercises.

<div>
(ChrisHouston @ May 01 2007,09:21)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">The best chest result I ever had was on my last HST cycle.

I halved the volume per exercise - 1x10 and 2x5 - but had more than a dozen exercises each workout, including Flat Bench, Incline Bench, Flyes and Dips (because I wanted to focus on my chest). The other exercises were split evenly among all the other body parts.

So, in other words, my advice is: Don't waste time doing the same exercises over and over again, do different ones, and more of them. As many as you can think of or enjoy, in fact. And if you need to save time, reduce the number of reps per exercise. It'll be the same work done at the end of your workout, but you'll have hit your muscles from all angles.

Or, in one sentence: If you want to focus on your chest, do lots of different chest exercises.</div>
Chris do you mind posting that routine?

Thanks!
biggrin.gif

Back