To Arm For Warfare?

Chill92

Hey Guys,
I have recently started the HST program but wondering if its necessary to do the arm component since I feel im out of energy by then. Just wanted to see your guys opinion. Thanks.

No, definitely not. Initially, I would see what changes you get from the compounds and add them in for a later cycle/cycles if growth stalls.

Beginners and intermediates can ignore arms if they concentrate on the big compounds. Truly advanced hypertrophy lifters need to include arms unless they want to keep their intermediate arms.

Last edited:
Beginners and intermediates can ignore arms if they concentrate on the big compounds. Truly advanced hypertrophy lifters need to include arms unless they want to keep their intermediate arms.

@Old and Grey,

At what point would you say lifters are no longer 'intermediates' as we do not want to keep our intermediate arms any longer than we have to :)

Good question. I would say that one has become advanced when they are objectively proud of their body the way it is now after years of lifting and know that most major gains are behind them and now look for further but small refinements. Some people can achieve that with 5 years of lifting while others, who do not train and eat wisely, may never achieve it.

Last edited:
I find that if I don't include some high rep arms they start to lag behind. I don't need HST protocols for them just some pump work. I like to do about 30 reps for biceps, triceps and shoulders at light weights but induce some fatigue. Sometimes I skip it for a cycle and the mass starts to ebb.

Well I use to workout 6 times a week, two hour sessions, for about 4 months. I went from 130 to 150 doing high volume (10x10 and 8x8 usuaully around 200-300 reps for each muscle group), but after the 5th month I started to become heavily too fatigued and depressive + gastritis (high acid stomach issue) that I stopped lifting weights and now back to 130 lbs. @Old and Grey @adpowah @Jester Hopefully HST will get me back on track.

High reps and high volume are two separate animals. Each has its place depending on your stage of development and your goals. Rarely are they useful together.

Last edited:
Back