Totentanz Makes a Comeback

Oh, and in other news... I am even more sore today, and it's now two days later. Rear delts are sore as hell for some reason, neck and hands are still sore. Looks like I'll have to wait a week or two before doing top deadlifts or rack pulls, which sucks because I really want to try and top the weights I just used.

Re straps: I tried seat belt material and it sucked. Too stiff and uncomfortable. A thin leather belt is ideal. Just get one from a charity shop. Natural brown leather without a glossy finish works great.

I chopped mine into two 20.5" lengths. A little longer wouldn't hurt but I think that was all I could get.

I did a short workout today, just maxed out on deads, rack pulls and dips today. That's all. I was really surprised because everything was up, even though I've been sleeping for crap lately, hardly eating and feeling run down most of the time.
I think mowing the lawn is a great warm-up or something, because last time when I pulled the 405 dead, I had just finished mowing the lawn. Same thing today, and I set new PRs. I might have to mow the lawn more often.

Still need to figure something out for straps. Haven't gotten around to it. The wife took some pictures with her cellphone during the workout, maybe I'll post some of them later.

dead
3 x 225 lbs
1 x 315 lbs
1 x 385 lbs
1 x 420 lbs
1 x 435 lbs

rack pull
1 x 435 lbs
1 x 505 lbs
1 x 535 lbs
1 x 550 lbs

dips
3 x bodyweight+25 lbs (210 lb bodyweight)
2 x 50 lbs
5 x 75 lbs
2 x 100 lbs

As you can see, I didn't do very many reps at all on anything. Still, very happy with all those lits. Dips hurt like hell though, my collarbone felt as though it would snap. I'm sure my hands will be feeling all beat to hell tomorrow too.
Fun fun.

That 435 is a great pull. I must try some lawn mowing before my next dead session! Just holding on to 550 is very cool let alone lifting it any distance.

Excellent dipping too. My chest and back feel like they've been beaten with rocks after Fridays session so I hope you don't suffer too much.
biggrin.gif

<div>
(Totentanz @ Jun. 10 2007,14:18)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I think mowing the lawn is a great warm-up or something, because last time when I pulled the 405 dead, I had just finished mowing the lawn. Same thing today, and I set new PRs. I might have to mow the lawn more often.</div>
Heck, feel free to come mow my lawn...
wink.gif

It's odd that I've seen posts and articles written that both say:
a.) Do cardio before your workout - many of us think that takes away from the workout though
b.) Do cardio after your workout - use weights for the warmups instead
c.) Some guys lift better doing cardio beforehand
d.) Some guys lift worse doing cardio beforehand.

That's what I've been thinking. I have no cardio machines, but I plan to get at least a couple things soon. The new house I'm moving to has a much larger garage, so once I install some extensive lighting (it's very dark in the new one) I can get more equipment.

Thinking about it, mowing the lawn includes a lot of walking which might be enough? Also though, I usually have to try starting my mower for at least five minutes each time I mow, which could be warming up my back I guess.
I'll have to do some trial and error to figure it out.

I went over to my parent's house and chopped down some trees with an axe for them. I guess now I'll definitely be feeling some DOMS tomorrow.

Back