Training log

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Fausto @ Dec. 22 2005,7:48)]Jester
The same old question keeps popping up "how much, how much....".
To tell you the truth it hovers between 70 - 72 Kgs, all the time, and this maybe because if I average my calory comsuptiom, It probably sits lower than waht I'd like, and what's more is I'm not going to bitch about it!
I'm generally happy!
What puzzles me is that I can see the muscles looking bigger, and ...yes they are...accroding to some measurements I made:
Chest - 43" previously 42"
Arms - 15.5" previously 14.5" two cycles ago, maybe a 1/2" gain this cycle so far....
Legs, no gain, but I also stopped due to lower back issues.
That's it.
I am going to try and oversee my intake carefully during the break so that I can maybe put on some weight, and because I'll be most ly alone, I'll try to switch to ACIT type training as a technique to enhance gains from lesser weights, whilst the program will stay exactly the same as before.
As Joe muscle put it, a very simple compound routine really produces the most gains, I keep on doing the incline curls a la vicious, they are super
laugh.gif

Cheers guys.
thumbs-up.gif
Same old qu pops up b/c that's how hypertrophy is measured...if you're heavier and bigger . . . ??

Jester

Took you a while to get to this one hey?

Not that I am upset but in one short version I simply did not eat enough and therefore did not put on much weight.

I am going to keep using the same routine albeit a variation is getting to my mind because of the Tabata that I may drop the iso's for Tabata so I can goi intense.

I'm sure you've seen I am tired of carrying the extra bulk if it is not quality bulk
laugh.gif
so...war on blubber.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Fausto @ Jan. 09 2006,3:27)]Abarlament
Glad you came in with that, it is tought but it is onl;y 4 minutes and I'm no sucker for punishment
laugh.gif
specially cardio!
Thus the question, early in the morning? First thing? Seems to be the best to burn the blubber, right?
I don't do them as a split because I am already spliting my training as it is, one day Compounds the other Iso's, so as a quick warmup, tabata, was tough yaeh, but it did not kill me and I was a bit pooped after gardening a little!
happy.gif

Thanks for the opinion though!
thumbs-up.gif

Anyone else?
I wouldn't say first thing in the morning is necessary. Something that pops in my head is doing some Tabata on the bike, then afterwards doing a lower intensity slog for 15 minutes or so, to burn up some of the FFAs you've got floating around after the HII's.

Abarlament

Why do the extra 15 minutes?

The research shows that the guys who did the study got 9 fold more fat reduction than the regulars just with std tabata 4 minutes with 4 min warmup and 4 minutes slow down.

Check my thread on Tabata, there is some wicked stuff I found -> go to the links.

Thanks for this awesome log. Right now I am doing 2-a-days on T-TH-S, with 8 exercises, and only a couple isos. I like the idea of an 'iso day'. I may try the Faustonian cycle next, just to see what happens.

Keep up the good work,
cc

Thanks CC

I have used the two a week variety for almost the whole of 2004, and yep it works but really depends on your goals, if you want hypertrophy and haven't got the time, then I think you need to eat slightly over maintenance but not too much and then up the intensity on each workout as you have really enough rest in between.

Keeping in mind to stay just outside failure of course, but that is really almost borderline, that way I think you will make gains.

Cheers

Yah, Jester

Unfortunately I don't have a digital camera, no one thought of this particular useful Christmas present, but then again good ones are not cheap either.

I'll have to after developing what I got on the normal camera, convert it and post at a later stage.

I hear you and...I'll rise to the challenge, but you'l;l have to be patient!
thumbs-up.gif

Back