Traps are very sore...

thecoffeeguy

I don't know why this is, but after I do a routine, my traps, right where my neck/shoulder area are, seem very sore and almost stiff. I am not sure why this is, but they definitely feel more sore than any other part of my body.

Could it be because of indirect activity from training? I don't currently do any shrugs.

Something else possibly? Traps are out of shape?

I was thinking of jumping in a hot tub/spa to let the hot water and jets work my muscles.

Since it has happened a few times, I was curious if anyone else has this.

Jason

What exercises are you doing? Shoulder presses, deadlifts, upright rows, laterals, or any similar exercises all work the traps to some extent and, if you aren't use to doing them, will cause soreness initially.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hardrock @ Oct. 08 2005,9:13)]What exercises are you doing? Shoulder presses, deadlifts, upright rows, laterals, or any similar exercises all work the traps to some extent and, if you aren't use to doing them, will cause soreness initially.

Been doing squats, bent-over barbell rows, DB rows, pull downs, military presses...was doing shrugs, but dropped them.

I'm just wondering if I work my traps on a lot of indirect work. They really get stiff after a workout.
I appreciate the feedback.
J

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
Traps are very sore...

Say that to Vince.. He'll give you 10 points.. when you have accumulated 500 points, you get a free flight to australia and one week in his gym... :D :D
laugh.gif

Back