TunnelRat's Korte Program

Blimey! Me thinks more ice cream is in order. Well done.
cool.gif

Great work, Tunnelrat! Your PB's have to feel amazing -you've earned 'em! Great work!

You're doing the Buckeye Nation PROUD!

Squat 155 x 3 x 3
Bench 65 X 4, 75 X, 4, 85 X 4 X 3 (shoulder still sore, so I've backed off the weight...)
Deads 185 x 3, 205 x 3, 225 x 2, 275 x 1, 305 X 1 PB, 315 miss, 315 miss, 315 miss, 310 miss, 310 miss...
sad.gif

Today was a little disappointing. After a few warm ups, I hit a new personal best of 305 on my way to my goal of 315. The 305 came right up, if a bit slowly, but my eyes were on 315 -- three 45's on each end of the bar! I even brought my camera along to recored the great event (a la Gatordude). Alas, cheri, it was not to be! I was not able to break the 315 from the floor. I tried the 315 several times, then finally I backed off a bit of weight to 310, but by this time I didn't have enough steam left to move the 310.

After I got home I went to check my Korte Program spreadsheet. It turns out that I was just a tad ambitious with my 315. Korte had me scheduled for 310 lbs (actually it came out to 309) for today. Perhaps I've just gotten a little ahead of myself. Anyhow, I am already making plans to return next week for another shot at the title.

Well done on breaking through the 300 barrier! 305 is a great lift to have under your belt.

Lifting 305 for a PB will have definitely taken a fair bit out of you. I suspect you might have made another single or two at that weight and I suspect that if you had gone straight to 310 from 275 you would likely have successfully lifted that. However, trying and failing at 315 will have taken a lot out of you so don't beat yourself up over it.

Back