Two more days of SD, and some musings

Wow, I can't believe I'm nearly through with my 9 day SD. I'll be starting my first ever cycle of HST on Monday, and can't WAIT to get back to the gym!
I decided to do some light cardio this week, and keep my calories at maintenance, which for me is right around 3000 per day. I also wanted to see if I could drop a little fat in the process, as I plan on going back to bulking for the rest of the year during this cycle. Well, to my surprise, and joy I guess, I had a really great week away from the weights! I started the week at 190lbs, 11.5% BF, and feeling pretty beat up from the last 6 months or so of training. I've always had great results from a low carb, high protein diet, so I figured I would switch back to that for this out of the gym time.
I managed to drop down to 185lbs, 10%BF and frankly, I'm feeling great! I almost don't want to wait until Monday to get back to the gym, but I know a complete weekend of rest yet will definitely help the efforts to come. I've posted my plan as far as routine in another post maybe 2 weeks ago, but basically, I'm starting with the basics, taking my calories back to 3500-4000, and hoping to hit 195-200lbs by the end of the year, while only increasing BF by maybe 2%. :) Not sure how it's gonna go, but at least I know I can drop fat pretty quickly if needed.
I'm going to weigh in and measure on Sunday, and will post some progress logs as I progress through this journey.
Have a great weekend all!

Hey [email protected],

I have been using very low carb diet for a whileand love it... No blood sugar rollercoaster ride.

Plus you can drop fat like there is no tomorrow without ever feeling hungry.

Not sure on its usefullness when bulking but we will soon find out...

Cheers.

That was kind of strange. When I made the original post, I was somehow logged in as another account. Eh, same person, but not an account I use. Oh well, this was actually from me if that, that makes any sense, LOL.

Who knows, maybe it was an account I made back when I first discovered this site and it was stuck in my browser somewhere.

Leather99,
Yeah, LC seems to work pretty well for me, as I managed to drop just over 100lbs in less than a year maybe 2 years back.  When I started getting back into heavy training however, I found that gains were pretty difficult for me, and I switched to more of a keto type plan over time.  Normally, when hitting the weights, I consume very high carb pre and post workout, 150-200 by 3rd meal or breakfast, and begin to taper off around lunch time.  By dinner, I'm usually down to zero carb with the exception of veggies.  This seems to allow me pretty decent lean gains, and keeps fat to a minimum.
This past week however, I kept carbs under 50 a day, while keeping cals in that 3000 range.  Just as before, when I was really trying to lose weight, the pounds just start melting off.  I used to joke with my wife when I was dieting down, that I wanted to get a T-Shirt that said "Eat more fat!" on the back.  It seems the more I consume, the more I lose, LOL.

do you guys think carbs are really the nutrients making us fat? :confused: meaning i eat a lot more carbs than both of you combined?! daymn...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (skinnyman @ Nov. 11 2005,8:56)]do you guys think carbs are really the nutrients making us fat?  :confused:  meaning i eat a lot more carbs than both of you combined?! daymn...
I don't think carbs make you fat, I think too many calories of anything makes you fat. :)  Also, I think it's a matter of what TYPE of carbs, good, bad etc.   Over the past year, I have increased my carb intake dramatically over my my weight loss phase time, and have noticed no real increase in body fat.  But then again, the only carbs I DO eat are things like oats, veggies, more oats, brown rice, more oats, etc.
I'm also on the other hand someone who has no real fear of eating fat.  Again, I strive for the "better" fats, but have no aversion to eating whole eggs, steak, butter, or really just about any other natural fat product.

Extra calories will put on mass whether it is far or lean body mass depends on how many calories, your metabolism, and if you are doing weight-training.

When it comes to particulars in your diet. Eating healthier foods can do a lot for you outside of bodybuilding. Don't overload on carbs.. have more EFA's in your diet, keep yourself hydrated, yada yada...

check out this link: the big four

-colby

Back