using same weight for 2 days?

r4id3n

I just want to make sure that is it ok for me to use the same weight for 2 days then move to higher weight?
For instance:
Day 1 2kg
Day 2 2kg
Day 3 2.5kg
Day 4 2.5kg
Day 5 3kg
Day 6 3kg

*note max weight that i manage to lift 3kg

yes thats fine it stops zigzaging(or helps) but i would use a bit more weight if i was you
tounge.gif

Repeating a weight is not a problem, especially during the heavier part of the cycle (5's and Negs). For example, note that Bryan recommends reusing the 5RM for 2 more weeks if negatives are not an option. The adaption to the load probably doesn't happen nearly as fast as a lot of us are worried about. If I'm not mistaken, data indicating that it does happen quickly comes from rat studies. And the metabolic changes in rats generally occur much faster than in humans.  I think that the reason Bryan hammers "a mandatory increase in load" each session is to get traditional bodybuilders who have been lifting the same load for a year out of that mindset (besides the fact that you can't go wrong if you do).

Thanks for the replies. I'd like to use more weight but i can only lift 3kg of lateral dumbell raise,if i want to have perfect form
blush.gif

Yep, using the same weight twice is fine. You can even stick to it for a week. And yep, it is better to maintain perfect form than "heave" a heavy weight around.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (r4id3n @ Dec. 17 2005,8:43)]Thanks for the replies. I'd like to use more weight but i can only lift 3kg of lateral dumbell raise,if i want to have perfect form
blush.gif
i agree about the form mate..thought you just put that weight in for an example
blush.gif
for lateral raises you cant use a lot of weight..good luck :D

Back