warm up sets on 2nd workout of the day

• Thread starter imported_ejones
  • Start date
I

imported_ejones

I've been testing out doing an am/pm fully body 3 times per week my past couple workouts. For 5s (which I'm on now) I normally do 1 set of 5 reps at 50% of my working set's weight and then 1 set of 5 reps at 70% before my first push, pull, and leg exercise. Doing this is pretty annoying twice a day and I normally feel fairly warmed up the second workout of the day. What do you guys do to warmup on your second workout of the day? Can I cut back and just maybe do one quick and light set with whatever's convenient to put on the bar and just do some general body warmups like arm circles, squats, toe touches, etc...?

I just do some body weight exercises - pushups, jumping jacks, etc, then a little bit of stretching. I've never had an injury either. As long as you elevate your body temperature, I think you'll be fine.

I agree with Tot. I just do some bodyweight pushups, chin ups and squats and my whole body is ready to go. Too much warm up can actually lead to too much volume which is not compatible with the frequency concept of HST.

When you guys are saying that you don't do too much warming up are you talking about all your workouts or only the 2nd one of the day b/c you're already pretty warmed up then? I just couldn't tell from your posts.

Sorry, I meant just in general. I consider warming up to be actually warming up your body, so that your blood is flowing well, and everything like that. I personally don't think you need to warmup for every single exercise as some people do, maybe someone can tell me I'm wrong on this, but the way I warmup just seems logical to me.

I'm talking about my first workout. I sually am active enough during the day so that I do not need a warm up for my second workout. However, if you are sitting at a desk all day, I would say you should do some type of warm up for the second workout.

Back