Warmups?

<div>
(Avi1985 @ Feb. 06 2008,09:14)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">warmup makes it easier to lift heavy weights, no doubt. The reaserches was about injuries. And the guide on the course told me that its theory, that warmups dont prevent injuries, And not something i should rely on. So if i have an extra time i do some warmup.</div>
Unfortunately, the Internet is full of self-appointed experts who come up with their own theories (assumptions) that virtually lack any kind of scientific backup. When someone tells me that he / she has a theory based on research and then tells me no to rely on it, then all I can think about that theory and research is perhaps not fit to print.

Its a theory based on research. The one who told me not to rely on it, is my coach on the gym (sorry i mixed it with the guide who told me about the research). He also know about the research, but he told me that on his opinion it would be better to warmup. To tell the true i agree with him. But i found that not doing warmup save much time. So i do only 2 warmup sets and only on my heavy 6's.

<div>
(Avi1985 @ Feb. 10 2008,12:29)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Update : Got pain in my left elbow. Gonna rest for a few days.</div>
Hmm, did you warm up before lifting?

<div>
(Totentanz @ Feb. 10 2008,14:32)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(Avi1985 @ Feb. 10 2008,12:29)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Update : Got pain in my left elbow. Gonna rest for a few days.</div>
Hmm, did you warm up before lifting?</div>
Sometimes. Sometimes not.

<div>
(Avi1985 @ Feb. 12 2008,14:42)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(Totentanz @ Feb. 10 2008,14:32)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
Hmm, did you warm up before lifting?</div>
Sometimes. Sometimes not.</div>
I think Totz was just yanking your chain!
biggrin.gif

<div>
(Lol @ Feb. 12 2008,09:55)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I think Totz was just yanking your chain!
biggrin.gif
</div>
I always warm up before yanking chains...

<div>
(TunnelRat @ Feb. 12 2008,11:22)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(Lol @ Feb. 12 2008,09:55)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I think Totz was just yanking your chain!  
biggrin.gif
</div>
I always warm up before yanking chains...</div>
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back