Waterbury TBT Method

Joe.Muscle

Ok so I am starting my first log.

I decided to try Waterbury's TBT (total body training) to give me a little more volume and variety yet still stick with a full body routine.

I decided to stay with Full body routines b/c of my hectic schedule of being a small business owner.

Basically my goals will be the following.

To add muscle! My current bodyweight is 178 and I am shooting to get up to 195 and hopefully not gain too much bodyfat.

I am not going to be die hard on increasin weights every workout, instead I will basically do and extra set or more weight when I feel up to it and can.

I will be using the 24 to 36 method for each workout.
This means each muscle group will get hit with at least 24 reps to 36 reps total.

I was really leaning toward more volume than this but to be honest I think on 3 times a week I will burn out and Id rather keep a little in the tank and not burnout.

I will post some pics soon and check my measurements and bodyweight soon.

Todays workout

10/30

10 degree dumbell press 4 x9
Chins 4 x 9
hammerstrenght shoulder press 3 x 12

I was going to do abs and arms...but I got lazy and tired and left the gym.

I only got 5 hours of sleep last night which is why the workout sucked I guess.

I just wanted to pop in and say I wish you success.
cool.gif

These workouts will toughen you up. Soon you'll be swaggering your way through life. Women, money, and fame are all sure to follow if you welcome challenges... and overcome them.

-Chad Waterbury

11/3

Well you can see from my schedule how hard it has been to get in the gym.

Its been 4 days since my last workout so I increased volume even more to day to try to hit my 100 reps for the week.

That being said I will say this.

High volume training is not that hard.

High volume Total Body Training is extremely hard and kicks my @ss.

Anyway here is today workout.

2 warm up sets of light weight about 60 pounds of rows.

1 set of 12 reps at 90
10 reps at 120
8 reps at 135
6 reps at 160....(drop set immediatly of 120 at 12 reps)

I could of went heavier on my 6 reps...but left some in the tank.

Flat dumbell presses ( Volume / hypertrophy workout)
4 sets of 12 reps all with 50 pound dumbells.

The weight was very light at first but the short rest periods about 45 seconds and high reps started kicking in with fatigue. Not a heavy workout but one HELL of a pump!

Standing dumbell upright rows...I saw these from Scientific muscle log and I used to do upright rows a lot back in the day 5 years ago...I haven't done them at all in years and doing them with dumbells was wierd but it kicked my shoulders/ traps butt!

Biceps and triceps got hit with 1 set a piece ant that was it for today!

I think I can see were this log is going to go and I hope I can ideally have 3 day workouts a week in the form of something like this.

Monday ( hypertrophy day / High Volume) 4 sets of 10-12 reps for chest back

Wednesday Strength training maybe 4 sets of 6 to 8 reps

Friday even repeat Monday if I can and the volume doesn't kill me or maybe 3 sets of 15 reps with my 17 rep max.

I have been reading a lot of kelly baggets info latley and he really advecotes a Heavy / light / Medium workout for recreatinal bodybuilders.

No studies to back it up but it seems to me it would make sense!

My main objective is just to have fun this cycle and break up the boredom...I the more and more I think about my past problems...I think its 100% tied to under eating and over cutting.

So to verify that what I am going to do is not change a thing just yet diet wise and see if the higher volume helps at all. (For the record I don't know that it will).

If it doesn't change or help then I will know 100% its do to undereating and over cutting!

Joe!

11/4

Dips 3 x 15
Rows 3 x 15
lateral raises 2 x 15
biceps and triceps 2 x 15 reps
Abs 2 x 12 reps

Bodyweight is 178 I still haven't test my bodyfat yet!

I am looking to bulk to 195 this year!

I did high reps to pump some blood into the muscle from yesterday back to back workout!

I have been in Atlanta all week on business so I was unable to workout any.

You are starting to see how my schedule is tough sometimes. Hopefully I should be able to hit 2 a week at least going forward with no problem.

Strength workout

Dumbell bench press 4 x 6 reps
Rows 4 x 6 reps
Standing dumbell press 3 x 6 reps
Bicep/ triceps 2 sets of 15 reps (burn sets)
Abs 2 weighted sets of 15 reps.

I lost 2 pounds this week do to not being able to eat enough...hopefully I should be back on track!

A workout with the Quadman is worth a trip to Atlanta on its own.  
smile.gif

Joe, If I'm away and can't hit a gym I just do bodyweight exercises like chins, dips, raised-leg push-ups, handstand presses, one-legged squats and calf raises. Most of these can be done in a hotel room. I have actually done chins and dips over a stairwell before, but that was a bit crazy and I'm not recommending it. Failure was not an option!
biggrin.gif

<div>
(Joe.Muscle @ Oct. 31 2007,16:45)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Thanks guys!

Colby,

I am in the finance and investment business.</div>
What exactly is your work? Just curious because I am now an actuary, albeit not accredited just yet -- that will take some time!

In regards to Joe's trip to Atlanta, maybe we can find some way of improving the networking around here? HST vets and newbies alike meeting across the United States and other countries doesn't seem like such a bad idea to me!

EDIT: My bad Joe, I keep on hijacking all of your threads!

It's an idea to have a thread where we'd state where we might be at some given time ahead...which would allow others to plan a meet-and-greet. I don't really want to do 'training sessions' here, but to get together with an HST vet would be beneficial overall. And I definitely have enough equipment.
Overnite stays would be out for me, since I'm married and there are trust issues with the women. You know, &quot;keep a stranger in our house?&quot;...I've been thru that allready. But drop-ins for an evening workout are totally cool. Or simply hang for lunch somewhere, shake a paw. Stuff like that.

Feeling good today from being filled for of turkey yesterday!

Pec dec flys 2 sets of 12 reps
Hammerstrength wide chest 1 set of 12 reps ( drop set of 15 reps)
Seated wide grip rows 4 sets of 10 reps
Seated shoulder press 3 sets of 10 reps
Bench dips 3 sets of 12 reps
standing dumbell curls 3 sets of 12 reps

I will be able to workout again on Sunday...I probabley should of cut volume some today since I only have 1 day before my next workout...but I felt great and fresh!

Next workout may be lower volume not sure yet...just playing it by earl.

I am eating like a house and I have even started drinking some regular soda...here and there. my protein intake is pretty good...and my weight is up about 4 pounds.

I am in the sweet spot of eating right now were I have come off a cut about 2 months ago and the added junk food and calories has not really caught up with me yet on fat gain but it has added some muscle....I love partioning ...but I am sure from hindsight over the years the fat gain will start slowing catching up soon!

Back