week 5

ty-son

just finshed my 5th week boy , is this routine getting old , starting to get bored with it , lifts are getting heavier , might have bit off more than i can chew , but doing ok , getting good pumps with few reps and heavy weights gained 15 lbs , not bad been eating between 2800 an 3200 calories , 6 meals aday , protein every meal , two meal replacements aday . hanging in there ,

I usually keep my routines between 4 and 6 weeks long to avoid some of the issues you brought up. It sounds like you are making good progress though. Keep slugging away at it until your SD comes up. 3 days into your SD and you'll be wishing you were still doing those 5's! :D

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Old and Grey @ April 16 2005,7:34)]I usually keep my routines between 4 and 6 weeks long to avoid some of the issues you brought up.
Can you give an example of, say, a 4 week routine? I've thought about this myself but it seems too short to go through the progressions, even if you drop the 15's.

For a 4 week routine, I usually will be training 5 times per week with low volume, about 50 sets in total for the week. I will do 1 week of 15's, 1 week of 10's, 1 week of 5's and 1 week of 5's with added drop sets.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Old and Grey @ April 17 2005,11:42)]For a 4 week routine, I usually will be training 5 times per week with low volume, about 50 sets in total for the week. I will do 1 week of 15's, 1 week of 10's, 1 week of 5's and 1 week of 5's with added drop sets.
Thanks. So would you then do five progressively heavier whole body workouts for each rep range in a week's time?

Yup, I would use weight increments similar to what I would use as if I were doing 2 weeks of each rep range.

Back