Weight for Front Squat

mantica

Does anyone of you know which could be the "correction" factor to obtain (estimate) a 5rm for front squat from a 5rm for atg squat ? (ie. 105 kg 5rm for squat

Thank you

Andrea

I wouldn't go by an estimate. Front squatting takes a while to get in the groove (like any other exercise). I think Mikeynov said that it took him a month of regular front squatting to feel comfortable with the movement. If you tried to jump to an estimated 5RM for front squats you might go and hurt yourself. Take it steady and build up the loading gradually over a couple of cycles. I expect you could approach it in a linear fashion to start with, adding 5 lbs each session, as neural learning will help your strength increase in the movement. Start off with a weight that you can comfortably do around 20 reps with and work from there to be safe.

Take a look at this site, for some guidence on grip etcJV Askem
cool.gif

<div>
(Lol @ Jan. 10 2007,10:04)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I wouldn't go by an estimate. Front squatting takes a while to get in the groove (like any other exercise). I think Mikeynov said that it took him a month of regular front squatting to feel comfortable with the movement. If you tried to jump to an estimated 5RM for front squats you might go and hurt yourself. Take it steady and build up the loading gradually over a couple of cycles. I expect you could approach it in a linear fashion to start with, adding 5 lbs each session, as neural learning will help your strength increase in the movement. Start off with a weight that you can comfortably do around 20 reps with and work from there to be safe.</div>
this is good advice.
especially for an exer. like front squats which very few have much exper. with.

Back