Weight gaining - Hydrobuider + (Serious Mass or Pro Complex Gainer)

newpers

I'm trying to gain weight. I currently take Hydrobuilder after my workouts. Was thinking of introducing Serious Mass or Pro Complex Gainer into my diet for extra calories. What would be a better combination? Hydrobuilder + Serious Mass or Hydrobuilder + Pro Complex Gainer? Or something else? Just wanting to make sure that I'm not overloading in protein or taking too much of the same thing.

Height: 6'4"
Weight: 175lbs

You can eat as much protein as you want, I go as high as 2 x bodyweight when bulking.

Instead of paying for an expensive weight gainer, you can try adding olive oil (or any other good oils) to your protein shakes. Olive oil is very calorie dense. When I was struggling to gain weight early on, I would drink the following shake before bed each night:

Homemade Gainer Shake
2 cups of milk (preferrably whole milk - remember that calcium is critical in the muscle building process)
4-8 scoops of whey (depending on how thick this makes your shake - more scoops obviously is better if you can keep the shake thin enough to still drink it)
1/4 cup olive oil
sugar to taste if necessary
use a blender to mix, then either chug the shake or whatever you have to do to get it down.

The result is, depending on how much protein you put in it, a shake with over 1000 calories and up to 200 grams of protein. This really made a huge difference for me when I was first trying to gain weight and couldn't physically fit as much food into my body. Eventually your body will adapt to the extra food intake and you will be able to handle eating more, and when that time comes then of course you can cut back on these gainer shakes or replace them entirely with food. But protein shakes are not the devil, whatever you have to do to get enough calories and enough protein.

I like the homemade gainers too. You can't beat food for growth. If you still wanna try the supplements than my answer is hydrobuilder + serious mass. The ProComplex is not much additional calories and therefore will not put muscle on your frame as well as mass gainer would (did I mention I like the homemade option? Oh, I did.)

You can save some money and make a hydrobuilder mass gainer:

1. Serious Mass.
2. Buy a tub of Creatine Monohydrate. Ask the salesperson for CreaPure. Its what ON puts in HydroBuilder. I think ProLab still sells CreaPure.
3. Ask for Trimethylglycine or Betaine Anhydrous. They are mostly the same thing. This is the BetaPower stuff in HydroBuilder. Its cheap.

Add them together. And, add all of it to Totentanz's shake recipe for uber anabolicness. Then take post workout and bedtime.

I used ProGainer to help put me over the top in calories. With my work schedule it is hard to eat more than 4-5 meals a day so add 2-3 shakes and I can make my calories. I have gained roughly 20 lbs of mostly mass over the past 8 months with it, I would highly recommend that product.

Back