Well so much for my new home gym...

I called MC Sports and told them that on of the 45 pound plates was about 4 pounds light and he said "bring it in and I will swap it for another one". So I did just that.

I now have two 45 lb plates that are pretty much dead on the same weight. Maybe a half pound different from each other. But that's probably as good as anything else I could have purchased in this price range.

Four pounds is totally inexcusable. But a pound or less wouldn't make any difference to you on the larger plates. I often put some of my little 2.2's as a 2-1/2 or use a 4.4 for a 5. I just ignore the small stuff and get on with the lifts, which are going to be heavier next workout anyway, so why worry, unless you're an anal perfectionist...in which case you have bigger problems to worry about than the weight difference.

I always go by what Steve Jones says: BBing is simple.

<div>
(quadancer @ Jan. 14 2007,23:27)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Four pounds is totally inexcusable. But a pound or less wouldn't make any difference to you on the larger plates. I often put some of my little 2.2's as a 2-1/2 or use a 4.4 for a 5. I just ignore the small stuff and get on with the lifts, which are going to be heavier next workout anyway, so why worry, unless you're an anal perfectionist...in which case you have bigger problems to worry about than the weight difference.

I always go by what Steve Jones says: BBing is simple.</div>
lol....It is VERY simple. Studying, arguing, and debating bodybuilding, however, is terribly complex.

LOL!!! But how ever should we grow if we don't fully evaluate the technical interdictions, subminutae fluctuational cycles and divulge our vast recources of amortizised repercussive training schedules???
Oh my, what EVER shall we do???

Back