what do you guys think of doing bi's on dif. day

trentsteel

heres the thing my gym is packed, its free probably the reason, alot of stuff is not always available, compound exercises i could do but there is like only one curl bar and not too many different dumbells, however at home i have quality stuff for bi's curl bar , dumbell etc. , however i don't want to go to the gym and then come home and do bi's as the only thing i want to do when i come home is eat. just wondering if i could do just the bi's on the next day so basically i go to the gym MWF and do bis T,thr, sat. and i don't mean a crazy day filled with bi's more like just 2 - 4 sets which includes a warm up. I have alot of energy at the gym so doing iso's is not a problem for me, i have alot of energy hardly ever get burnt out. and for those who think i shouldn't do iso (just before i get flamed by the compound gods ;)) i do focus on compounds at the gym and I'm pretty big 215lbs about 5'11'' and compounds are good at getting my overall body big and wide however the iso have given me more definition. or should i come home from the gym and do bi's?

thanks guys

As long as it doesn't affect your training on your other days (e.g. strength or energy wise) and volume is kept in check, I don't see any problem

I did this a year ago. Compounds were done MWF and isolations were done TR. Not only did I train the biceps, but I did triceps (skullcrushers), calfs, shoulders (lat raises), and traps (shrugs). I had okay results because my diet wasn't in check.

I don't think it is a good idea. Training biceps and triceps the day before a compound workout would compromise strength for presses, rows, dips, chins, etc. At least do them on the same day so you have time to recover.

I agree with Sci. You exactly my height and BW, and I've been doing great with once a week arm routines while doing strength training. But that's because the weights are all big every workout. With HST I do them 3x/week - not on alternate days, tho.

Do you guys really think that much recovery is needed when not going to failure? After all, a number of people have tried variants that involve training every day. When I run out of time and somethimes split my sets over a couple of days, I usually find myself with more energy. As we often hear around here, he may just have to try and see if it works for him.

so do you guys recommend going home drinking a shake and then finishing biceps...i don't want to weight around in the gym like a mope for a bicep curl bar or dumbells. i did a 5x5 a while back i did biceps on the third day did really nothing i know everyone is different but it seems like they react better to me hitting them often like in the hst or when i do two different workouts for the bi's. also my chest never seems to get the same workout as my back, i don't want to just go and bump up the weight and mess up the routine.

Training frequency is relative to the individual, only you will know if you can train isolation movements on "off" days without comprimising the load used on your "normal" workout days.
IMOO, try it out, if you notice the weights are getting hard on your compounds (e.g bench, rows or whatever you do) then drop them or lighten the load/volume on the iso's
You may not even need the isolation movements in the first place.

trentsteel

I have done this and it worked, did as Colby indicated all my iso's on the day off Tue/Thurs and it worked for me.

Some people even called this the Faustonian program.
laugh.gif

Back