What qualifies as a "slight-incline"?

Drew_1

Hey fellas,

This is sort of a trivial question, but I constantly see people refering to benching on a "slight incline" or "low incline" in order to "hit the entire chest"(
rock.gif
laugh.gif
)

Well since I buy into this argument, I'd like to know what you guys consider a slight-incline and how you go about achieving it.

As of my last workout, I did two sets of flat BB bench followed by dumbell press on a flat bench with some plates stacked under it.

You always hear that if you have a big flat BB bench you'll have a big chest(all around), but i guess its a mental thing to want to "feel" the chest muscle contracting. Anyway if benching on a slight incline is truly a more efficient way to work the chest, i'd sure as hell like to make sure i'm implementing it properly into my training.

Thanks guys,

-Drew

Drew1

15 degrees or so!

Plates under the bench qualifies I guess when you cannot change the bench.

For once I'll mention Mentzer he said in different words "a slight incline bench provides a longer ROM and is the best way to hit the entire chest area"

My argument is more from a shoulder point of view, this way my shoulders feel better and I can bench without pain!

Thx Fausto,

I agree that my shoulders feel better when using only a slight incline as opposed to 45 degrees and more chest recruitment is a nice plus!

-Drew

Back