What to do after the 5's

bandekk

I've just completed my sixth week of my first cycle ending with my (rough) 5RM. I have been looking around the site to see what I can do in the next 2 weeks before my SD. It seems that negs or dropsets are the next options. I cannot do negs as I train on my own, so do I just continue now with my 5RM and do drop sets aswell?, giving me 6 further workouts all on my 5RM?

thanks alot
Kev

That is what I would do assuming your energy level is still high (mentally and physically) and that your joints are not sore. If you find that your 5 RM becomes too easy, add a little weight to it. Try to hit 10 to 15 more reps after your 5 RM with 2 to 3 drop sets. After completing the drop sets, it is acceptable behavior to strut around the gym like a peacock or, more likely, lay down and cry and bang your fists and feet on the floor. We've been there and understand!    
blush.gif

Another thing you could do is sets of 2 reps -- so you could go heavier like o&G sugests. Also their are a number of lifts which you can self spot -- so you can go negative alone -- curls, calf raises etc.

When doing drop sets would u have to rush the weight of the bar so as to minimise rest ?

What about those bars with the screw fixings :eek: they would take much longer

Ideally you have someone take the plates off for you...usually referred to as strip sets as oppossed to drop sets. In practice, you just take the plates off as quickly as possible and continue lifting.

look at the customizing hst thread for ideas on how to extend your cycle...by the time you've finished your brain will be frazzled and you'll be trying to figure out how to add about 9 different techniques all at the same time! :D

all hail vicious!
worship.gif

Back