WHAT?

shwaym

"EQUIL: I don't use HST , however, let me make a few comments:

1. the picture of the German bodybuilder on the home page is misleading, because, you can be assured, that he didn't build that body JUST through using HST.... he may be using it NOW, along with his gear, to maintain.....

2. this is a flagrant plagiarization of Mike Mentzer's technique, right down to the similar sounding acronym....by the way, you do know what happened to Mike and his brother, right? they are both dead at an early age.....

is there anything wrong with the concepts that he presents? NO.......

It sounds logical, however, from being in and around the Iron game for as long as I have, I can tell you, that NONE of these built their bodies from scratch using these very abbreviated methods......

guys, like the late Mentzer boys, did standard BB routines and took plenty of gear, and then, later in the game, realized that they could now get by on these type of programs.

I like to look at these different philosophies as breaks in your routine: I myself, will periodically employ some of this type of training from time to time, and other similar principles......

I wish you all the luck in the world in your pursuit of it though....."
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=748468

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">1. the picture of the German bodybuilder on the home page is misleading, because, you can be assured, that he didn't build that body JUST through using HST.... he may be using it NOW, along with his gear, to maintain.....</div>

Good point, but give regards to the fact that the principals involved with HST are fairly new, and no one could get that big &quot;on HST alone&quot; in 4 years - especially without the juice.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"> they are both dead at an early age.....</div>

the training killed them? cmon now..

I've gained 30 lbs in 8 months via HST... and I am slightly more cut. I don't take roids either, so what's your deal?

The guy is an idiot who hardly even merits a response. His critique is just moronic. There are no valid points in there at all. How does he know Boris Klein didn't use HST type principals in his training in the past? Just because HST wasn't around doesn't mean the guy wasn't following it to a point. BBers back in the olden days basically followed HST, with the exception of SD and that was before Bryan was even around. Other routines more or less follow HST principles as well, like 5x5 - which is abbreviated as well and has churned out thousands of strong, large people as well. I haven't seen the literature talking about how many people 5x5 is killing off, and it's been around longer than HST so we should be seeing a trend if the training is killing people off... so not really sure where the 'dead at an early age' comment comes in.

Sounds like this guy is one of those supercompensation theory guys who thinks you need 50 sets and a whole week of rest per bodypart if you want serious growth. I guess he hasn't been listening lately, because it's quite well known to be a pile of crap.

Ditto to Tot,

And my point.

If you dont like HST, thats cool its America.

But what in the hell have you got to post this BS for over here.

no, i agree with all of you. thats why i posted it.
i think this guy is just as big of an idiot as you are saying.

Yup, people are all entitled to their opinion. It's just a pity that the guy who asked the original question about HST didn't come here to ask it instead of bodybuilding.com. He might have learned something!

I have some friends who got away from BB.com because of the trolls there. Seems like that site is infested with flamers, naysayers, drug addicts and the like. Hope that doesn't happen here.
What point is there in going to a site you have no personal interest in and blasting people with knowledge that you don't have? Or do have, for that matter. No good comes of it and you're not wanted anyway. Sheesh!

<div>
(quadancer @ Apr. 29 2006,08:26)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I have some friends who got away from BB.com because of the trolls there. Seems like that site is infested with flamers, naysayers, drug addicts and the like. Hope that doesn't happen here.
What point is there in going to a site you have no personal interest in and blasting people with knowledge that you don't have? Or do have, for that matter. No good comes of it and you're not wanted anyway. Sheesh!</div>
HST has had it's share and I am sure there will be more to come. Anytime you collect a large population of diversity there will be all types in the mix, some good, some bad.

So I say &quot;let them eat cake.&quot;

The criticism is always around when you doing something right!

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">2. this is a flagrant plagiarization of Mike Mentzer's technique, right down to the similar sounding acronym</div>

What the H....?
rock.gif

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">It sounds logical, however, from being in and around the Iron game for as long as I have, I can tell you, that NONE of these built their bodies from scratch using these very abbreviated methods......</div>

Pitty he didn't learn a thing during all those years
wink.gif
Makes one want to prove this dude wrong! But is it worth it? Nah!

I say train and let train! There'll always be trolls in the world.

The proof is in the eating, we have mor ethan enough of that to give him a taste I'd say!

One word of advice, even though it is good to know that there is criticsm out there (as it shows we are on the right track, we never said we'd be popular), one should not waste time on such boards.

There are others with a lot better content to say the least!
sad.gif

<div>
(quadancer @ Apr. 30 2006,02:26)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Seems like that site is infested with flamers, naysayers, drug addicts and the like. Hope that doesn't happen here.</div>
You missed the most abundant BB.com sub-type,

the complete idiot.

Arron.... doesn't this guy smell like the nah sayer of a few years back... I forget his name... but it was something like Currious. Though I think he had a few alias. He would always say &quot;I have been in the Iron Game a long time and..............&quot; This looks like 2003 all over again. By the way I have grown a lot since 2003.. just doing vanilla.

Peace, Bob

Back