where are they now

I expect to be on my horse for a short walk this weekend. :)

Anyway, now that I know the forum is still somewhat active, I'll check back from time-to-time.

Yes, do check in from time to time. It'd be good to hear how you are getting on and it's great to hear that you are recovering so well after your op. I reckon a lifetime of training and keeping active really helps the body get good at healing. Enjoy your horse ride.

I'm getting into weightlifting at the ripe old age of 47. I'm rubbish at it which is all the more reason to keep on trying.

Do you do floor presses? I'm looking for ways to be kinder to my shoulders and am thinking of giving them a go for a while.

I never did like floor presses. It is hard to get in a position to do them initially and they never felt like they were doing me much good.

When my shoulders bothered me, I would usually switch to DB presses which allowed me to control the amount of shoulder strain.

Also, I also have done, and continue to do, exercises to work my rotator cuff muscles specifically. I use stretch bands and that has helped me overcome and prevent shoulder injuries. These are not part of my regular routine but something I do everyday in my basement. They take less than 5 minutes.

And what's this blarney about you being new to weightlifting? Not with those numbers! LOL!

Back