where are they now

faz

anyone know whats happened to some of the older posters,are they posting somewhere else etc.
i know lol,tot, etc still post but what about
fausto.
old & grey.
quadman.
dan moore.
and others.

They probably got bored. After you learn everything from the site and faq, the forum just becomes about explaining the principles to newbies.

I recently stumbled across some posts by Dan Moore that interested me including a mention of a book he was meant to be writing, couldn't find the book or any sign of him.

Sometimes things get hectic in life and hanging out on the board(s) gets put on the back burner. old & grey is the only one grumpy enough to leave because he got board. ;)

Sometimes things get hectic in life and hanging out on the board(s) gets put on the back burner. old & grey is the only one grumpy enough to leave because he got board. ;)

ok mate nice to see you back,do you hear anything from O&G or dan.

Glad to see your still alive and kicking Bryan :D Hope you can keep us informed on the latest research and your ideas down the track when you get some free time.

All the best to you and your family.

Hey guys, don;t sweat it! I am still aorund, as Bryan says things like forums get put on the back burner, bt funny enough I need the help of the forum guys, perhaps we need to open a therapy thread, for us older guys and not only! He...he...he:)

And...nope...teaching newbies is pure pleasure! Anyone is welcome to pm me or even better bother me on my personal e-mail address: [email protected].

Ciao ;)

Hey guys, don;t sweat it! I am still aorund, as Bryan says things like forums get put on the back burner, bt funny enough I need the help of the forum guys, perhaps we need to open a therapy thread, for us older guys and not only! He...he...he:)

And...nope...teaching newbies is pure pleasure! Anyone is welcome to pm me or even better bother me on my personal e-mail address: [email protected].

Ciao ;)
haha nice one fausto,agree dont post as much myself now, (not as big on the heavy weights as much now) but still like to pop in now and then to help out or see who's still posting,if i do weights i still stick with the HST principals,but as i said before prefer lighter weights more for fitness now with kettlebells,indian clubs,punchbags etc.
when me and my mate started HST (a few yrs ago now :p) you were one of the guys that helped us alot,so its nice to see that you've not dissapeared.

Hey,

Nice to see you guys here still!

I've been on this forum since I started using HST nearly 10yrs ago.
I dont post much, as the are far better qualified people on here than myself, though I do offer the occaisonal nugget of advice, when I feel I can.

Thanks for your advice in the past Fausto and hope you're well.

I too am much more into training for health and longetivity these days, rather than tunnel vision of bulking/building muscle as I did when I started.
I am doing a M-lower, W-upper,F-lower, M-upper, W-lower..... type split these days.Allows more recovery

And IF for diet plan.

Seems ok so far

Good luck and again, nice to see you all still here

Brix

Dan is still around. I think he is oversees atm. He recently posted a week or two back.
I'd like to hear what he has to say about any new research.

Life is good. In 2008-2009 my first daughter came into our lives, and I was runing my own business, and so my bodybuilding hobby just went away for awhile.....:p I ended up selling the business due to stress, and now work a regular job, where I actually have some time off. My second daughter is expected to born around Christmas!
Also, I sold my old gym equipment, and we moved out of our old house. All I have now is the dumbells, couldn't give those up! I joined a huge commercial gym in July, and have been slowly getting back in shape. I finally got a routine I like, and it ended up being fullbody, 3x/week, and I realized how close it was to HST, so I decided to drop by here to see how the old forum is doing!

How are things with you Lol?

Life is good. In 2008-2009 my first daughter came into our lives, and I was runing my own business, and so my bodybuilding hobby just went away for awhile.....:p I ended up selling the business due to stress, and now work a regular job, where I actually have some time off. My second daughter is expected to born around Christmas!
Also, I sold my old gym equipment, and we moved out of our old house. All I have now is the dumbells, couldn't give those up! I joined a huge commercial gym in July, and have been slowly getting back in shape. I finally got a routine I like, and it ended up being fullbody, 3x/week, and I realized how close it was to HST, so I decided to drop by here to see how the old forum is doing!

How are things with you Lol?

Glad to hear you are taking time to be with the special people in your life. Being busy and in productive and satisfying work is good, but it's the people that you spend time with that count for so much more. Congratulations on the imminent arrival of your second daughter. Hope everything goes well for your better half in December.

I'm doing ok. I've had some enforced time away from training due to various ops and accidents but I'm getting back to some more regular training, although my focus is somewhat different now than it was. My diet is pretty strict in my quest to keep the big 'C' at bay, so I'm not going to be bulking and cutting like before. My goal is to get as strong as I can at a bodyweight of around 185. I'm trying my hand at a bit of Oly lifting which requires a great deal more speed and flexibility than I currently have. If I can get over a 200kg total that will be a good start. My powerlift numbers are not what they were but I'm hoping to claw that back and finally get in the 300, 400, 500 club. A 200lb press would be good to have too but my left shoulder is not great and so it's even more unlikely than a 300 bench. Still, it's always good to aim high.

All the best with your training. Stay strong! :)

I happened to be cleaning out old computer files and saw HST and thought I would take a look and was elated to see it is still functioning. Cudoos to Bryan even though that little underfed pissant called me 'grumpy." :cool:

I am, in fact, still breathing! I just somehow floated away from the forum as little new research of any consequence seemed to be forthcoming and discussed here.

I am currently taking 3 months off to recover from a spinal fusion but had been lifting steady up until end of September. Other than some spotty down-times, I have been lifting going on 55 years now. Still using basic HST principles which seem to work even better as you age (67 now). Weight is still about 185 but did go up to 195 when I went on a bulking spree last spring. I would say my strength, at the time of my operation, was still increasing and at an all-time peak, Yes, even higher than when I was in my twenties! I use a small dose of Androgel lotion daily to supplement my declining testosterone and that allows for continued growth. I have it prescribed by my endochronologist as the internet drugs scare the hell out of me.

Still riding the hell out of horses but had to forego my usual Montana cattle drive this year due to back issues. I should be as good as new by early spring though.

I will keep the forum on my list of favorites and drop by occassionally if my ancient grumpy brain remembers to remind me to do so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny how so many old timers decide to drop back in all at the same time. Good to see you all are alive and kicking still. Welcome back. Hope you stick around.

Hullo O&G! Good to hear you've continued lifting and riding. Your back situation doesn't sound too good but I hope it's been sorted well and certainly want to wish you all the best with your recovery. Hope you have grand kids to spoil or something else to keep you out of trouble for the next three months. :)

Re your recent training: how do you find the heavy end of a cycle? Do you still go as heavy as 5RM loads?

@O&G - spinal fusion? What the hell did you do to incur that? I didn't know they still did that procedure :p

Alex, I had spinal stenosis whereby the nerves that control the legs get pinched by deterioration of the spine and vertebrae. Typically, a removal of the offending bone and fusing the lower two vertebrae with titanium is the only way to relieve it. The alternative is possibly to become paralyzed. I am 6 weeks out from the operation and the Doc said I had healed like a 20 year old would after 3 months. I have all restrictions lifted and started lifting again Monday. Obviously light weeks for a couple of months but should be able to go heavy after the holidays. I expect to be on my horse for a short walk this weekend. :)

LOL, I typically do not go below 6 reps anymore. I found that at 5 and under I suffered from back spasms due to the spinal stenosis. Anyway, my personal zone for growth seems to be between 10 and 6 reps. I never go for 'personal bests' for one rep. I guess there are calculators to figure out what your one rep best would be but I am not interested enough to search one out. I am happy maxing out on incline bench presses at 6 reps using strict form and slow eccentric movements at about 135% of my body weight, which before the surgery was 190. Currently my weight is about 180 and it will be months before I work back up to a load like 135% again. I also do not plan on bulking up anymore either. Walking twice a day is now part of my regular routine and is probably the best movement there is to help your spine recover from an insult.

Anyway, now that I know the forum is still somewhat active, I'll check back from time-to-time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back