who does power cleans

russell8301

I Been looking arount on here a while, it seems most people dont do power cleans, i havent seen a routine that includes them yet.

I do swats, SLDL, deadlifts, and powercleans

can anyone who does power cleans post their workout routine? or give advice on how to get all these in?

as a side not i am supprised that there isnt a "post your favorite" thread pinned for hst vets to post routines they had sucess with, for everyone to look at for examples

I've seen a few people who do them. I think Lance was using power cleans for a while.

I do, however, I don't do them as part of my usual HST routine anymore, I do the full clean and jerk now. I was doing just power cleans in my garage and gym I go to, but not being able to drop the bar I developed a bad case of pitcher's elbow which took about 6-7 months to heal. I couldn't dip or chin for a while.

I think they're great for upper back strength and overall conditioning. If I was going to do them as part of my HST routine I'd put them in on a day I was not deadlifting and maybe use them as a substitute for bent rows.

Back