Why should you keep a training log when working out?

Why should you keep a training log when working out?

To track progress and spot trends. Same reason tracking food intake will let you know when your calories drop or go up unexpectedly because you changed out a few ingredients here and there. If you notice your shoulder hurts and you check your log and notice for the last three weeks you changed up some exercises and now your shoulders are seeing significantly more volume, you're eliminating some guesswork in figuring out just what the hell is or is not going on.

How did we make training log? How Its help us? You says if I facing some problem in training the I can change my schedule. so how can I know to changing my schedule via training log.

It's simple data storage, which has a track record of contributing to successful ventures that dates back just a couple of millennia.

If you have no interest in logging your workouts, I doubt there is very much anyone here could say that will change your mind.

Everyone else seems to have summed up the key reasons.

For me it's nice to see progress (or the lack of) over time as it helps me plan for future routines, especially if I return to a lift that I've not done for a while as it'll give me a record of what weight I finished at.

Back