Why so much criticism on HST?

Giovanni

I want to know why so much criticism on HST, manly on:

1.SD:they say that deload is better/that SD is not prove
2.That in the long run, a full body,3 times a week,ading weigth when this is possible, will do the same job, and whit the benefit of being more stronger than on a HST.

I want to read the defense.
I my opinion, the results speaks for thenselfs

Giovanni

What are you comparing HST too? Your post is kind of confusing.

There will always be critics, btw. Nothing is 100% proven, because everyone is different. I've made what I think are excellent gains with HST. Could I have made more with another program, maybe.

Sounds kind of like a comparison to 5x5 or something along those lines. Not a lot of routines do fullbody at all.

Who are "they", and what is the comparison. I will comment on the deloading part. We were discussing this in Jester's 12 months of HST thread. We thought that SD wouldn't be necessary and you could essentially deload with 15 reps or more if you only used 5's and negs.

Giovanni - I see you've been reading Lyle's forum a lot.

1. SD vs deload - this is argument is relevant more so for heavy cycles of HST.

2. What evidence of this "long run" is there?

Has someone performed an experiment with identical twins - 10 years of HST for one, 10 years of the other routine and checked the results?

Anecdotal evidence can be powerful, but many people train improperly and also eat improperly whilst on HST, or 5x5, or any other routine. So it's difficult to know when they started doing everything the optimal way.

Back