Wicked attempt at fat loss

Fausto

HST Expert
Yeah, always on the high horse about fat loss, and damn, I am sick and tired of my little belly...time to get it off.

The attempt is simple, every morning a little athletics, sprinting, high knees, tripple jum like hopping, burpees, in a set format.

In the afternoon a mix of HST, still very much HST but kind of on 10's or so (weight wise) and little rest, this I will try and keep till I reach my goals...below 10%.

Yah...dream on dude...dream on
laugh.gif
Lte's see what this old geyser can get right.

I'll touch base from time to time, just to update.

Damn...right now, I have muscles sore that I did not know I possessed
biggrin.gif

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Damn...right now, I have muscles sore that I did not know I possessed
biggrin.gif
</div>

Good to hear!

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">old geyser can get right.</div>

geyser1.jpg

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">
Yeah, always on the high horse about fat loos, and damn, I am sick and tired of my little belly...time to get it off.</div>

It seems a lot of us are right now! Aren't you in New Zealand now? It's going into the winter season down under!

Good Luck Fausto on trimming off your little belly. I'll be starting to do that myself in a couple weeks.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">The attempt is simple, every morning a little athletics, sprinting, high knees, tripple jum like hopping, burpees, in a set format.</div>
Yeah, that oughta work!
Anemic.jpg

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">It seems a lot of us are right now! Aren't you in New Zealand now? It's going into the winter season down under! </div>

Yeah, but its taking its time, and who said winter has to be bulking season anyways, that is just what mainstream belief is, fat = confort and warmth...no thanks!

Anyway...damn athletics got me too sore...two days off gym now...carried on the running and hopping though!

<div>
(Fausto @ Apr. 02 2008,01:22)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">...two days off gym now...carried on the running and hopping though!</div>
You could've gotten the same result by dropping a 20kg plate on your foot...
wink.gif

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">You could've gotten the same result by dropping a 20kg plate on your foot... </div>

Fat chance
biggrin.gif
That will get off the gym for a lot longer, and fortunatelly there aren't such a lot of those wee lasses in leotards, kinda inviting you to make that mistake.
wink.gif

Anyway, back to gym today, it went well, but man...I once again screwed up with something I should've known better...eating before working out, its almost like asking to puke, fortunatelly I wasn't doing such heavy stuff...so I ended up okay, just with one hell of a heartburn.

This damn fat war is a looooong road I see, before one starts seeing any thing worth being happy about, hey?
wow.gif

Well, you need to have some protein loaded nutrition before your workout. ..

Tip for the heartburn, and for anyone, especially if you get it frequently... drink a teaspoon of vinegar, preferably apple cider vinegar, before you goto bed every night.

Use a tablespoon and you can join the group of people who live to be over a hundred. No kiddin'. National Geographic tv special, about 1978.

I'd almost bet your blood type is A, Fausto. These people have a tendency for heartburn with certain foods. The juice of one lime every morning before anything else will solve that problem in less than a week.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I'd almost bet your blood type is A, Fausto.</div>

You'd loose the bet mate, type O+, most common blood type amongst caucasians!
wink.gif

Anyway...Friday, whilst sprinting, could feel a small tear on my left thigh...this is frustrating, skipped gym yet again, I think I am fine now as I stopped immediatelly.

Will keep on the battle of the bulge! And regular feedback!
wink.gif

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">You'd loose the bet mate, type O+, most common blood type amongst caucasians!</div>
I read somewhere that caucasians are mostly A. But well, at least I didn't bet.
<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Anyway...Friday, whilst sprinting, could feel a small tear on my left thigh...this is frustrating, skipped gym yet again, I think I am fine now as I stopped immediatelly.</div>
Aw man, I know how frustrating these nasty things can be. I'm now very happy that I haven't had a calf problem in over a month. I got rid of it with daily stretching sessions.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Fausto, Keep at it make sure you hit that goal of 10% no matter what!</div>

Joe, a soldier's request, thanks, just the type of stuff I nedd to hear! Aye, aye sir!
wink.gif
(pity there's no salute emoticon - don't feel like searching for one)

Looks like the tear was a micro tear as today I got back and could squat without problems, I have however slowed down quite a bit. I'll know not to do full sprints for a while.

Keeping a 10's range kind of weight, going OK like this, I think I'll keep going before starting to get into 5's range, its just better for now!
wink.gif

Fausto,

Have you considered CrossFit? I don't know too much about it yet myself, but they do workouts designed to work the metabolic systems, but through the use of barbell exercises. Seems much better than typical cardio, plus they are shorter, much more Tabata-style type of workouts.

One example is this:

5 chins/pullups
10 pushups
15 body squats

Do as many rounds as you can for 20 minutes.

Another one which looks like something I will try next week:

95-pound thrusters (kinda like a dynamic push-press)
chins/pullups

3 rounds: 1st round - 21 reps (each), 2nd round - 15 reps (each), 3rd round 9 reps (each). Try and do it as fast as you possibly can.

I plan on incorporating these once a week on the 6th day of the week so I still have one recovery day before starting the next week. But I haven't started yet, so I can't really comment on their effectiveness yet.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Have you considered CrossFit?   I don't know too much about it yet myself, but they do workouts designed to work the metabolic systems, but through the use of barbell exercises. Seems much better than typical cardio, plus they are shorter, much more Tabata-style type of workouts.</div>

Yeah...heard of it...my intention here's pretty much the same, except I am using a bit of running instead and the weights I kinda keep HST...but I have thought of giving it a bash sometime...there is also turbulence training...with Crayg Ballantine, pretty much the  same, maybe I'll even integrate it on off days (2x week) just using some power lifting stuff that I don't do now like power cleans, clean and press, etc.

I've come to the realization that I cannot do full sprints (maybe it is yet, maybe not) as my thigh seems to want to give in again (I feel a tear coming the moment I push on).

Keep you guys posted!
wink.gif

Guys...the rain has come and spoilt this week's running...so I decided to step up the cardio, leiptical for at least 10 minutes each day before training as a warm-up.

then on days off (days on are straight HST) I've been doing workouts a la cross fit, or crayg Ballantynes style.

3 sets of 10 reps each, rest only max 60 seconds between exercises:

Clean and press (reasonable weight but not too heavy...gets heavy towards the 8th rep or so), then Leg press, Bench press, Chin-ups and Shoulder press (machine)...then and only then 3 - 5 minutes rest and back again, till 3 sets are done...to complete a couple of sets on the swiss ball, some with d/b's are others just body weight, crunches, etc.

A real killer, at least to me, never before did I do a quasi-aerobic cycle with weights, can see now what Tabata squats must feel like.
wink.gif

Back