Will Hst work for me? I'm weak

xraychick

So I am female. 5'2" 118 lbs. My traditional workout was going very slow and was not getting strength. Will Hst work for me if I can't lift a lot to begin with? I can't curl more than 20 dumbbell weight. And according to what I understand I should lower my weight at the start of the two week cycle. For me that would be like starting at 5 lbs. I don't feel anything after 15 reps of that. So will Hst work for me to get bigger muscles? Or am I too weak?

Yes HST will work but I would recommend you do not do exercises such as dumbbell curls where you will have to start with absurdly low weights. You would be better off with compound exercises where you can use much higher loads and progression will be easier. If you really want to do curls, I would replace them with BB curls until you become stronger.

Another thing you can do when using the lighter early weights during the 15s is to slow the pace of each rep down. I had the same problem of feeling like I was not accomplishing anything with the early 15s but by slowing the reps down and concentrating on perfect form for each rep it helped make them feel more productive.

Also if you read the post by Lyle McDonald he sates the 2 weeks of 15 reps is simply to prevent injury and prepare the body for future heavy loads but it is not required... therefore if you feel good and all your joints feel good you may be in favor of skipping the 2 weeks of 15 reps and just straight to the 10's.

Back