Workout Advice regarding Arms

The reason why I said that I would move my arms closer to the forefront of my workout routine comes from Bryan's response to the Q&A below in one of the HSReports.

Conflicting info?

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">My advice is to do your arm training first in your schedule. This will ensure two things, one, you are fresh when training them, and two, you don’t ever skip them. This alone while using HST will be enough to put the added emphasis on them you are looking for.</div>

http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/HSreport/iss08/index.html

I'm not going to disagree with Bryan, I'm just saying that if you do a couple sets of curls, your deadlift is going to suffer. Unless you aren't lifting much yet.

slowgrower, at 6ft you are a pretty tall guy. When I was at 175lbs I felt like everything was lagging and I'm only 5'10&quot;!

I still think you should be patient and aim to get to at least around 200lbs bodyweight before you start worrying too much about arms. When you get there you could then do a cycle or two with arm isos first, even if that would compromise your big lifts somewhat and see if you get the results you want. I think by focussing on your arms at this point you will probably hold up your overall progress. Just keep pushing up your big lifts and you will grow - arms too.

yep.i do arms last,more to finish up,as theyve had a workout with the compounds.but i personally would never leave them out,i think of it this way,it cant do any harm.

i just throw in 2 sets bis and 2-3 sets tri's 1 exercise for each,keep it simple.

once again, I agree with Lol, and others!

175lb.s?  That is nothing for a 6' guy!  NO 6 foot guy EVER had big arms at 175 lb.s.  I mean I am a fairly lean 188 lb.s right now and my arms are barely over 15&quot;, AND arms are one of my best bodyparts!  You need to work on OVERALL SIZE not just arms.  If you slowly put on muscle and get to a lean 200 or more, then you will likely be much happier with your arms, as they will come up with the rest of your upper body.

Back