Workout Days Is this okay ?

projectaero

Hello hows it going.
I am curious if you can workout

M W F Su Tue Thu Sat and restart cycle ?

Or is that too much overload ?
Should i continue doing M W F, M W F

Cheers

biggrin.gif
Should be fine!

Just see how you feal if its start being too much..."which I dont think it will" then cut the volume down.

It's not plain old vanilla HST but it's fine. Don't forget HST is a set of principles, not a style of workout. You can work out 12 times a week and still adhere to HST principles.

Thats right.

Don't sweat the small stuff.

Just make sure you are getting 3 days a week in every week.

Make sure you are increasing load.

Make sure you are eating.

If you do that...you will grow!

Actually, that is the "correct HST way." That is, workout every 48 hours (see the research under frequency in the HST info). The three day per week idea is just there to make an easier schedule of it, I believe.

where can i locate this "research under frequency in the HST info"

Now in regards to that if you train every 48 hours then it will put the 2 week 15 reps 2 weeks 10 out.
As on the HST calculator it has 6 workout sessions before you reach your 15 RM.
And if you work out :

M,W,F,Su,Tu,Th
You end the first two weeks on a thursday and you still have sat session left open for the second week.
If that makes sense ??

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">where can i locate this &quot;research under frequency in the HST info&quot;</div>

Here's the principle of frequency, as summarized in the HST Index Page:

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">2) Acute vs. Chronic Stimuli
In order for the loading to result in significant hypertrophy, the stimulus must be applied with sufficient frequency to create a new &quot;environment&quot;, as opposed to seemingly random and acute assaults on the mechanical integrity of the tissue. The downside of taking a week of rest every time you load a muscle is that many of the acute responses to training like increased protein synthesis, prostaglandins, IGF-1 levels, and mRNA levels all return to normal in about 36 hours. So, you spend 2 days growing and half a week in a semi-anticatabolic state returning to normal (some people call this recovery), when research shows us that recovery can take place unabated even if a the muscle is loaded again in 48 hours. So true anabolism from loading only lasts 2 days at best once the load is removed. The rest of the time you are simply balancing nitrogen retention without adding to it. </div>

Here's a link to Bryan's article on frequency:
Frequency

These studies are cited on that page:
<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">1) Nosaka K, Clarkson P.M. Muscle damage following repeated bouts of high force eccentric exercise. Med. Sci. Sports Exrc., 27(9):1263-1269,1995

2) Smith LL., Fuylmer MG., Holbert D., McCammon MR., Houmard JA., Frazer DD., Nsien E., Isreal RG. The impact of repeated bout of eccentric exercise on muscular strength, muscle soreness and creatine kinase. Br J Sp Med 28(4):267-271, 1994

3) T.C. Chen, Taipei Physical Education College, and S.S. Hsieh, FACSM,. The effects of a seven-day repeated eccentric training on recovery from muscle damage. Med. Sci. Sports Exrc. 31(5 Supp) pp. S71, 1999

4) McLester JR., Bishop P., &amp; Guilliams M. Comparison of 1 and 3 day per week of equal volume resistance training in experienced subjects. Med. Sci. Sports Exrc. 31(5 Supp) pp.S117 1999

5) Curto MA., Fisher MM. The effect of single vs. Multiple sets of resistance exercise on strength in trained males. Med. Sci. Sports Exrc. 31(5 Supp) pp.S114, 1999
</div>

Back