Workout + Time Between

Ibrahim

Just finished a cycle. I realized taht doing squats and deads is pretty taxing and is taking away from other exercises.

So i came up with the following alternative 3 times a week alternating ABA etc.. based on simplify and win and other principles.

Workout A/B:
Chinups/Pullups
Squats/Deadlifts
Calves
Incline Bench/Dips
Military Press/Shrugs
Zoffman curl/decline ez bar tri
Abs

Is this fine? Any suggestions to add or move something around? Should i do shrugs every day or alternate with military press? etc..

My question in HST arent you supposed to hit the muscle every 48ish hours? How does this work splitting squats/deads?

Yes thats fine trust me splitting up squats/deads works fine to. They both complement each other nicely. So your still working all body parts every 48hrs.

Splitting Squats and Deadlifts is fine.

Just my opinion but I would switch a couple things around.

Rather than alternate between Chin Ups and Pull Ups I would alternate between Chin Ups and a rowing movement. This will work your lats through a different plane of motion and also hits your rear delts if you do them with a slight incline. Also many people consider Dips better for chest and triceps development than the Flat Bench Press so I would swap them around. I would even consider switching Flat Bench to Incline Bench to involve the Delts a little more especially if you switch them to the “B” workout since that puts them opposite the Military Presses. Also if you are looking for something to swap with Military Presses I think Upright Rows are a better choice since they also hit the delts including the middle delts which aren’t getting any work in the routine you’ve laid out. IMO Shrugs benefit from being done every workout.

thanks for the feedbakc guys..

@grunt11

What type of rowing movement do you recommend? If possible a video so i can see the proper form (bodybuidling.com) has some but i need the name of the exact exercise.

Workout A/B:
Chinups/Rowing movement
Squats/Deadlifts
Calves
Dips/Incline Bench
Military Press/power partials?
Shrugs
Abs

Im not a fan of upright rows because my upper foremans begin to ache after a while. are power partials fine? would arnold press be better? also any specific preference on which day to do bi or tri exercises (zoffman/ incline ez bar)?

thanks again

Last edited:
I personally didn't like doing push press during my first cycle. Although my gains on my shoulders were good, the strain it put on my shoulder joints just seemed stupid.. especially if i was going to continue that exercise every cycle. As a result i now do seated military press for the whole cycle. But it wont hurt trying it for a first cycle anyways. Other then that, it looks fine. Goodluck

thanks for the feedbakc guys..

@grunt11

What type of rowing movement do you recommend? If possible a video so i can see the proper form (bodybuidling.com) has some but i need the name of the exact exercise.

Workout A/B:
Chinups/Rowing movement
Squats/Deadlifts
Calves
Dips/Incline Bench
Military Press/power partials?
Shrugs
Abs

Im not a fan of upright rows because my upper foremans begin to ache after a while. are power partials fine? would arnold press be better? also any specific preference on which day to do bi or tri exercises (zoffman/ incline ez bar)?

thanks again

bent-over-rows

Back