wourkout time

matty19

for my first hst cycle i did 2 sets for 15's, 2 for 10's and 3 sets for 6's ( i do 6 instead of 5 as it increases poundage from my 10's). however, in my next cycle, im going to try 1 set of 15's, 2 sets of 10's and 3 sets of 6's.

what i was wondering is how long would i expect a workout of 1 set of 15's to last for? would it be like 30minutes? is that to short. Also, i will b doing between 8-10- exercises. thanks.

Don't worry about it....some workouts take me 25 minutes, and some go over 90 minutes. It doesn't matter as long as you are doing what you planned to do.

Unless you are seriously strong you won't need much of a warmup for 15s other than a general bit of stationary biking (or perhaps a jog to the gym, which is what I do). That means you could easily get your w/o done in 30 mins if you aren't held up getting to the various bits of gear. This isn't a bad thing even if you feel that you haven't done enough. For the first week of 15s when the loads are light just do a few more reps to get a burn going. If you have SDed correctly even the light loads tend to feel heavier than expected but your body will soon catch up again.

As you will now know from your first cycle, as you progress into 10s and then 5s you will require progressively more rest between sets to allow you to get enough of your functional strength back.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">( i do 6 instead of 5 as it increases poundage from my 10's)</div>Not sure what you mean by that? 5s will require an even greater poundage increase than 6s.

8-10 exercises during 5s will get tough as you get stronger. However, if you can do it, you will make good progress as you will be doing a lot of work.

All the best.

Back