Your Comments Please ....

scopestuff

After reviewing comments from a posting last week, and reading both HST e-books, I've tweaked the plan for my second cycle.

I'd really appreciate comments from people who have done this before.

This is a M/W/F schedule doing 12/8/5's. A/B workout with stretch Iso's scheduled for 8's and 5's but will only be used based upon assessment at that point in the cycle.

Please see attached .pdf for workout schedule.

Thank you in advance !

-Bump-

No comments from the guru's ?

SD is over on Tuesday and I start cycle #2. Any critique/comments are greatly appreciated.

Thank you !

Scope looks good and not too much stuff just the eseential, also I see you put the iso's only by the 8's, it is ok but we porefer to include them only at the 5's.

After the big ones as a superset (bi's - after chins/Tri's after dips).

One question - why 8's? and not 10's? Not that it matters much, but it sets your RM's fairly close.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I see you put the iso's only by the 8's, it is ok but we porefer to include them only at the 5's.</div>
I know that I will not do iso's the first two weeks of the cycle, but placed them in the last 4 weeks just in case I felt I wanted them at that time. This way I will not have to print out the schedule again as I'll takes notes on a paper copy while at the gym. I may only do iso's with the 5's.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">
After the big ones as a superset (bi's - after chins/Tri's after dips)</div>
Thats an interesting point. I put the Iso's at the end just because, at this point, I'm not certain that I'll be doing them. I suppose once I'm certain that I'll include them I could add them after a cmpd movement. right now I'm supersetting opposing cmpd movements.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">One question - why 8's? and not 10's?</div>
Well .... I wanted to drop the 15's to 12's as I felt the 15's did nothing for me. One I dropped the 15's I had to drop the 10's. I may find that I don't like this at all. Interestingly, the rep-max between 8's and 5's was greater than I expected.

But, truth is I'm still relatively small and relatively weak so no matter what rep scheme I'm not going to find huge differences.

Thank you for the feedback !

As you get stronger the 15s will become some of the toughest workouts you will ever do. So far I have managed to make myself go blind for 10 minutes following a particularly tough RM session!  
wow.gif
 Scarry but apparently nothing to worry about (according to the eye doc). Just pushed it a little too hard and then sat up instead of lying down. Let that be a lesson!

For me now 15s are an absolutely essential way to prep me for the heavier stuff to come. I usually get over all my minor strains from the previous cycle's 5s during 15s. However, by the end of 15s the weights are no longer light. I'm pushing for 15 x 225lbs in squats this cycle. Liege is lifting 400lbs plus for deads during 15s (if my memory serves me correctly). I can feel a bout of blindness coming on again just thinking about it.  
biggrin.gif

For me, the pump I get in my legs during 15s is pretty much at its greatest for the whole cycle (not that that means much, it's just cool to have big fat legs for a while!).

Back