Egg Yolk

snain

I eat 6 eggs daily.
4 egg whites + 2 whole eggs
I dont eat meat or any other cholesterol rich food. So if rest of my diet is cholesterol free, Is it fine to have 2 eggs yolks in my daily diet?
Also my younger brother eats rest of the 4 egg yolks. He is 13 years old. Is it OK for him to have 4 egg yolks daily?

Greetings snain.

Egg yolks are the most nutritious part of the egg. Your worry about cholesterol is valid, and it must bring you relief that dietery cholesterol has little, even no effect, on your blood lipid profile. Even the fat in the yolk and other supposedly harmful substances are counter-balanced (and in a sense, "negated", but not in a calorie sense, just in a good/bad effect on health sense).

So enjoy those eggs. For the past five years, I've eaten up to 40 whole eggs a day and I am in great shape. Periodic physical checkups and bloodtests are well within healthy save for my BMI. I'm supposed to be very obesed for someone at my weight and height. All I can say is that my bodyfat percentage is the real indicator :)

Godspeed, and happy HSTing.

yes, thats the reason why i will start eating raw eggs.

I will start with 4 a day and see whether it is good for me.

if yes, i will take more but 40 :confused:?

congrats bro!

He said 40 whole eggs a day not raw eggs.

Cook your eggs before you eat them. Salmonella poisoning will kill any progress you've made in the gym bacause you won't be able to eat and keep anything in there for a while
butbut.gif

Steve

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]He said 40 whole eggs a day not raw eggs.

Still . . .
butbut.gif
butbut.gif
butbut.gif
butbut.gif
laugh.gif

Restless believes eating egg yolks raw is best. (I don't personally.) Food poisoning from raw eggs is probably a little overstated if you keep them refrigerated.

cheers,
Jules

I would like to hear restless' take on raw egg yolks.

Here's some stuff I dug up a while back re: cooked vs raw eggs and bioavailability. I haven't looked at these in a while, but I don't think they separated the eggs.

J Nutr 1998 Oct;128(10):1716-22

Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol, Nov 1999; 277: 935 - 943

So that means I can eat all the 6 whole eggs daily by myself..Wow thats a great relief. :D
It really sucks to seprate/cook/eat only the white part of eggs.

I wouldn't risk food poisoning just to get an extra 1% or so of BV. Most of the protein ingested is assimilated by the body anyway, something like 95-98%. You can make up some quality by quantity. Read Lyle's protein articles on ThinkMuscle for more information.

Yes I do eat raw egg yolks, but I only do this with the ones I get from my grand mother and her friends, so it's not all the time. The regular supermarket crap fed ones I usually only eat the whites, and I cook them.

I haven't done it lately, but didn't have any problem whatsover even when eating around 50 whole eggs a week. The chance of getting salmonela are, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, one in 30 000.

Eating eggs, or any other food for that matter, everyday is not a good ideia in my opinion. You're risking developing some intolerance or allergy to it, so rotate foods and don't overdo it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (drtorsten @ Jan. 08 2003,11:00)]I also think that the poisoning risk from raw eggs is overstated:
http://www.mercola.com/2002/nov/13/eggs.htm
But I don't think raw instead of cooked eggs offer a real advantage for bodybuilders.
Ah....Our great friend Dr Mercola. He's quite popular ion this site! Aaron loves him! :D

I would follow his recomendations over any other coctor anyday, anytime.
worship.gif

This is an old thread but....since carton egg whites are pasteurized, food poisoning in not an issue if eat/drink it raw. Correct?

Guys,

ever seen onyone who is suffering salmonella food poisioning, its ugly. It can also give some long team problems. I only eat free range organic eggs and i cook every one.

Back